PDA

View Full Version : Head Flexpoint Prestige vs Wilson 6.1 95 18x20

tennisguy11
08-17-2006, 10:53 AM
For those who have hit with both frames, which one did you like better and why?

prorain
08-17-2006, 11:13 AM
i dont know about the wilson but i just plain didnt like the flexpoint prestige

orangeblood
08-17-2006, 12:00 PM
Both play fairly stiff. The FXP swings lighter and is easier to generate racquet head speed, while the nCode has more heft/stability. Edge to the Wilson due to the additional heft that gives a slightly more comfortable hit and a little extra power on groundstrokes. Both have a pretty controlled response with the 18x20 pattern. If you can tolerate the ... "unique" feel of the Flexpoint technology, you might like it (I actually liked the way the FXP was balanced, but the small pinging noise it gives got on my nerves).

tennisguy11
08-17-2006, 02:18 PM
Has anyone else hit with the dunlop m fil 200. What are your feelings about that racquet in comparison to the head flexpoint prestige mid plus, and wilson n6.1 95 18x20?

TN1
08-17-2006, 02:42 PM
You might want to add the nBlade to your demo list. I've tried both the prestige and the n6.1. The prestige plays quite stiff as others have stated. The n6.1 has a nice heft to it. I didn't find anything "special" about both of the racquets though. Good racquets but they weren't good enough to get me to leave my old racquet.

tennisguy11
08-17-2006, 03:27 PM
too light for me. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

LordRaceR
08-17-2006, 03:30 PM
MFil 200 is great allround frame, and it is much better then flexpoint or LM prestige.

tennisguy11
08-17-2006, 03:34 PM
what worried me about the m0fil is the extremely high swingweight. Has anyone had arm problems with it?

tennisguy11
08-17-2006, 10:51 PM
Also, how does the Volkl DNX 10 Mp compare to the ncode and the prestige?

morten
08-18-2006, 04:31 AM
flexpoint 93 or 98? i loved the 93, crisp, solid..mmmm. Might make a switch from my beloved ps 85. No racket has even come close before. Ncode was nothing special to me.

jasonbourne
08-18-2006, 08:44 AM
Has anyone else hit with the dunlop m fil 200. What are your feelings about that racquet in comparison to the head flexpoint prestige mid plus, and wilson n6.1 95 18x20?

I own a mfil 200 18x20 and n6.1 18x20. The n6.1 was my primary racquet, mfil supposed to be my poor man's n6.1 backup.

The mfil is the more comfortable racquet and performs similarly to the n6.1. At the lower price point, it is the better value of th two. The only characteristic I prefer in the n6.1 over the mfil is its stiffer hoop or feel. I think it provides sightly more power when I'm on the stretch and on defense, hence, keeping me in the point longer. And due to the stiffer hoop it provides better stability over the mfil.

jasonbourne
08-18-2006, 08:46 AM
what worried me about the m0fil is the extremely high swingweight. Has anyone had arm problems with it?

I found no arm problems with the mfil, even though I'm currently playing through a sprained wrist injury. However, I add weight to my racquets anyway so the original SW was never a problem.

tennisguy11
08-18-2006, 08:50 AM
Jason, if price was not an issue would you opt for the ncode, or do you think the m-fil is the better of the two?

jasonbourne
08-18-2006, 09:43 AM
Jason, if price was not an issue would you opt for the ncode, or do you think the m-fil is the better of the two?

ncode because it does everything mfil can do, plus provides more stability. I usually hit the sweetspot with the racquets I use. Hence, I never had a tennis-related arm or shoulder injury.

I would only consider the mfil over ncode regardless of price if my arm and shoulder could not handle the stiffness or shocks from the ncode.

tennisguy11
08-18-2006, 09:47 AM
Thanks for the help Jason. Did you try out the Flexpoint Prestige MP too?

jasonbourne
08-18-2006, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the help Jason. Did you try out the Flexpoint Prestige MP too?

You're welcome.

The only Head racquets I tried were LM prestige mid and mp. I prefer the Wilson and Dunlop handle shapes.

I enjoyed the LM prestige mid though.

tennisguy11
08-31-2006, 07:51 AM
Has anyone else played with both the flexp prestige 98 and the ncode 6.1 18x20? If you have a comparision would be nice.

The Dampener
08-31-2006, 03:06 PM
TG11,

I've hit with both, and I found them to be very similar. I'd echo the other poster's comments about the n6.1's heft and stability. If I was all-powerful, and could transform reality with my mind, the Prestige would be in my hands at the baseline, and the 6.1 would be in my hands at the net.

Give them both a fair shake. Then just choose the one that feels right for you. Because it probably will be.

John

tennisguy11
08-31-2006, 03:08 PM
the dampener, by any chance did you try the volkl dnx 10 mid also?

tennisguy11
08-31-2006, 03:09 PM
The dampener, which one did you think served better?

The Dampener
08-31-2006, 03:51 PM
TG11,

"No" on the Volkl mid. I pretty much stick to midplus models, or 95-inch heads, or whatever they're called these days.

As for serving between the Wilson and the Head, I'd have to say the Wilson. But that's just me. And my serve. I use a well-paced topspin first serve and a well-placed whatever-spin second serve. The n6.1 had the right pop for the first and the right control for the second. But I'm pretty sure you can find someone out there who will say the same thing about the Prestige. It was a personal choice, and the 6.1 just always seems to do what I ask of it.

It's great on returns, too, by the way.

Good luck.

John

You cannot be serious !!!
08-31-2006, 09:58 PM
Hi

I have demoed the head fxp , volkl dnx 10 MP and wilson n6195 18x20 and much prefer the wilson.

I agree with orangeblood that the head fxp is lighter and less powerful. IMHO the volkl was the lightest of the lot - too light for my liking. The head had a funny feel to it, the volkl had a nice sweetspot. Both required a lot of effort to generate power - with volkl being the least powerful. Some say the wilson had a "dead" feel - I like this feeling once I got used to it and would call it dull rather than dead. And it was the most powerful. All 3 had good control but i prefer the balance / swingweight of the wilson the best.

Go try them all out - they are all 3 different racquets. I fell in love with the head the first time i played with it, but by the end of the week I decided against it. Playing with Volkl felt like swinging a squash racquet around but then I am 6'2" and 93 kg....

I have ordered the wilson and am waiting anxiously to play with it.... the demo which i have been thrashing has a 41/4 grip on it and its causing my elbow to hurt !!

Good luck