PDA

View Full Version : Need help with racket issue

melzer federer
08-17-2006, 11:57 AM
I was wondering if anyone could give a bit of advice on this issue. I play with Voekl's V-Engine, Mid size frame. After playing for 2.5 hours my opponent mentioned that my serve seemed to lose its bite, and pace. I also stoped hitting through the ball on groundstrokes.

If I switch to a lighter racket with a bigger head size, will that help?

I have found a place in Austria that will ship rackets, and I am interested in Kneissl's Red Star. Does anyone know anything about them, other than they are expensive?

Thanks.

Some additional notes: I am 34, 6'2 and play lefthanded with a 1 handed backhand. I have a left spin serve, and hit a heavy ball off both sides.

300Gkid
08-17-2006, 02:22 PM
first, wrong forum 2nd, of course after 2 1/2 hours your going to lose some pace your opponent should too.....anyway, a lighter less demanding racquet should help probably something in the 11-11.5 oz range with a 98-100 inch head should work i wouldn't get anything TOO stiff to risk arm injury,(AKA babolats) not all racquets are like volkl.

Steve Huff
08-17-2006, 09:05 PM
Kneissl's of the past have usually been very flexible, and often very dense string patterns. Contrary to what some would believe, they also produced a lot of spin. I read a playtest of Muster's racket (at least it was the same model that was available to the public) and it had 21 cross strings but produced more spin than any racket they had tested. It wasn't that powerful though. The Red Star is a little different, and may be stiffer and more powerful.