PDA

View Full Version : Babolat Pure Control question

Ace
08-17-2006, 01:52 PM
I just bought a Babolat Pure Control Team Standard to replace my old one, which broke. The paint jobs are the same, but the markings on the racquet are different.
The old one says 11,34 oz, 97 sq. in head size, and recommended tension is 50-55 lbs.
The new one says 11,3 oz, 98 sq. in head size, and recommended tension is 55-62 lbs.
Did the head size and weight (or anything else) of this racquet change in the last two years? They should be the same model...this is not the older Pure Control with the different graphics. I thought I was buying the exact same racquet?

(And, comparing the two, it does look like the one that say 97 is actually a wee bit smaller than the new one...the hoop goes down just a tad lower)

tennis-skater
08-17-2006, 05:01 PM
yeah they changed it i talked to the people at my pro shop which made me not buy it bc i liked the older version but i couldnt find it =[ even on the E, and in the classifieds

Ace
08-17-2006, 05:39 PM
Well that sucks, especially since it wasn't advertised as a new model. It probably plays the same, but I'm ****ed because I usually have them string it low which is normally 50, but today, since the range said 55-62 on the racquet, I had it strung at 55, which is higher than I like.

At least I hope it feels the same....that would really suck if it felt different...since I spent all the money thinking I was getting the same racquet! I'd have to request a refund from Babolat! ...and I'm sure they would promptly ignore me.

El Diablo
08-17-2006, 06:56 PM
Companies generally reserve the right to change specifications of a product without notice (and do, all the time), just as you have the right to inquire at the time of purchase what the specifications are. The Hershey bar has its weight printed on it, but they don't have to say "now 1/16 ounce smaller."