PDA

View Full Version : How to Modify a Head Grip

kenshireen
08-17-2006, 05:48 PM
Have used a PS for many years. Now I like the LM Rad. Only problem is that rectangular grip. I find it awkward holding a continental grip on serve. Racket is too small on the top and bottom bezel and too long and the soze bezels. How do I round this grip out. Has anybody had problems transitioning to the head grip

Regards, ken

Revman
08-17-2006, 07:03 PM
Remove the grip, then carefully measure the width and length of the top and bottom bevel. Then, using a plastic cutting board, cut six pieces of clear head tape to proper length, using a sharp blade. Next, layer three pieces of the head tape one atop the other for use on one bevel, then do the same with the remaining three pieces of head tape for use on the other bevel. After layering, cut each piece of head tape length-wise to fit the width of each (top and bottom) bevel. Apply the head tape to the bevels, then re-install the grip. Incidentally this modification will increase the grip-size very slightly, but probably no more than 1/16".

Redflea
08-17-2006, 07:31 PM
Additional posts on grip mod options...

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=954392&highlight=Balsa#post954392

Davai
08-17-2006, 08:28 PM
Additional posts on grip mod options...

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?p=954392&highlight=Balsa#post954392

NIce theories. However I still don't understand what are you supposed to with the butt cap; you can glue the wood to the bevels but what are you going to do with the buttcap and the void that is going to be left between the bevels, wood and butt cap?

bertrevert
08-17-2006, 08:30 PM
kiss that butt goodbye! ;)

snoflewis
08-17-2006, 08:34 PM
NIce theories. However I still don't understand what are you supposed to with the butt cap; you can glue the wood to the bevels but what are you going to do with the buttcap and the void that is going to be left between the bevels, wood and butt cap?

if you want buttcaps that fit nicely, you gotta get different brand buttcaps to see which ones will fit. you should be able to get an idea whether one's gonna fit according to the shape..

Davai
08-17-2006, 10:09 PM
I don't think that is going to work since you can't change the width of the side bevels.