PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Head Titanium Ti.S6

accordingtoome
08-18-2006, 01:05 AM
Greetings all.. i just bought this racqet and was wondering if anyone has used it.. likes.. dislikes.. This is my first racquet and i have been playing for all of 2 weeks.

coolblue123
08-18-2006, 02:24 AM
great racquet. But it's very stiff and light! I have heard alot of players had alittle arm trouble hitting with the racquet. It's a power stick!

accordingtoome
08-18-2006, 02:51 AM
ya my wrist was killing me after about 2 hours. maybe i should change racquets..?? i dunno.

LoveThisGame
08-18-2006, 06:32 PM
Too light ... too stiff ... too powerful if you're going to be serious about tennis. It's really a racquet for folks with short strokes. They've continued selling them for years at low price in big box stores, and many a person has bought and led themselves to poor stroking technique and string breakage. Unfortunately this includes a lot of high schooler players.

accordingtoome
08-18-2006, 09:33 PM
awwwww crap.. well i only paid 49.99 for it.. it was mismarked at a store while all the others said 79.99 so i just had to get it. at least i got a super deal. i was also looking at the Ncode one from wilson.. that looks pretty cool ..

jonolau
08-19-2006, 07:36 AM
It's amazing you can still find a Ti.S6 brandnew. It first came out about 10 years ago about the same time I bought my Ti.S7.

I'm assuming that you are a beginner to tennis. Stick with this racquet since you've already bought it, and spend the rest of your money on tennis lessons to get the correct technique to prevent any unnecessary injuries.

varuscelli
08-19-2006, 08:48 AM
Greetings all.. i just bought this racqet and was wondering if anyone has used it.. likes.. dislikes.. This is my first racquet and i have been playing for all of 2 weeks.

You can read customer feedback on the Ti.S6 here:

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/feedback.html?pcode=TIS6

Looks like there are 30-plus comments from folks who have used the racquet. Might help you to couple that feedback with what you get in this thread.

p0w3r
08-19-2006, 09:23 AM
awwwww crap.. well i only paid 49.99 for it.. it was mismarked at a store while all the others said 79.99 so i just had to get it. at least i got a super deal. i was also looking at the Ncode one from wilson.. that looks pretty cool ..
Stick with it untill you learn your strokes and get better...I started playing with a Head i.S6 which is similar to yours except its the 'newer' intelegence model. It was a good racquet that got to powerful for me in the end, but for a beginner, i think its a very solid choice.

squints
08-24-2006, 11:51 AM
Too light ... too stiff ... too powerful if you're going to be serious about tennis. It's really a racquet for folks with short strokes. They've continued selling them for years at low price in big box stores, and many a person has bought and led themselves to poor stroking technique and string breakage. Unfortunately this includes a lot of high schooler players.

all too true. i was a beginner once, everyone was. And this was my stick. oh what a long way i have come. Honestly you have 2 options. 1) like many people have suggested stick with the racquet and learn proper technique.
2) ditch the racquet for something better and learn proper technique.

IMHO i hate that racquet. it really is made for people with bad or short strokes. and if anyhing it will just perpetuate that type of play. once i moved away from that racquet my style of play became a much much better player.

Your wrist hurts because you are using it too much. YOu don't have proper form. the racquet is light so you wont get tennis elbow, but if you used the same form on a a racquet loser to what pro's use. or just a heavier one for that matter you're going to start noticing problems. I still have the tendecy to throw my wrist too much on regular strokes.

but my advice is ditch the racquet sell it to someone who isnt going to be serious about tennis. because if you are going to play competitively you will seriously regret using that stick.