PDA

View Full Version : OT: I'm Still Alive...

Agent Orynge
07-24-2004, 11:48 AM
...and on my first pass half way through training here at Ft. Benning, Georgia. I've already qualified as sharpshooter with my M16, hitting 34 of 40 targets. Two away from expert! At any rate, I still have several weeks to go before I complete basic training, several more before I complete infantry training, and from there I go to airborne school, the special operations prep course, assessment and selection, and if all goes well, the Q course. If you have no idea what that is, I won't boggle you with the details, just understand it's tough stuff, from which I'll very likely wash out.

Just thought y'all might like to hear from me...

Frodo Baggins
07-24-2004, 03:30 PM
Hey Agent Nice to hear from ya 8) Don't be a stranger next time.xoxoxo don't stay too long. an get back soon 8) I'm waiting for you..

tennis-n-sc
07-27-2004, 04:31 AM
A/O, congratulations, ranger! You'll make it. Take care.

@wright
07-27-2004, 01:52 PM
Congratulations, Agent O. Hang in there, we may not be able to really appreciate how tough it is, but we appreciate that you are putting yourself through it. Good luck!

magiset
07-27-2004, 11:52 PM
"SOA Watch has called a mass vigil/protest for November 19 through 21 at the school's home in Fort Benning, Georgia, expected to be led by Academy Award winner Susan Sarandon and Dead Man Walking author Sister Helen Prejean.

Remember how congressional leaders on both sides of the aisle deplored the torture of prisoners at Abu Ghraib as "un-American"? Last Thursday, however, the House quietly passed a renewed appropriation that keeps open the U.S.'s most infamous torture-teaching institution, known as the School of the Americas (SOA), where the illegal physical and psychological abuse of prisoners of the kind the world condemned at Abu Ghraib and worse has been routinely taught for years.

A relic of the Cold War, the SOA was originally set up to train military, police and intelligence officers of U.S. allies south of the border in the fight against insurgencies Washington labeled "Communist." In reality, the SOA's graduates have been the shock troops of political repression, propping up a string of dictatorial and repressive regimes favored by the Pentagon."

-- more at www.truthout.org/docs_04/072604A.shtml

aceindahole2K5
07-28-2004, 10:17 PM
worst TW post ever......guy posts he gets through training and you post an article testifying how terrible the millitary is and making them out to be villans.

I should try disagreeing with our governments policy, and taking it out on people who risks their lives...........

*sarcasim off*

dantyem108
07-28-2004, 10:44 PM
ya, get a life

Deuce
07-31-2004, 12:56 AM
As one who questions, rather than blindly and ignorantly accepts, magiset will of course be disliked and resented by the blind, unquestioning mass, who view him as a threat.

That's why I like him/her.

AO - interesting stuff - Apparently you consider punching someone in the nose to be a greater offence than is shooting people dead with an M-16.

This is the kind of stuff which boggles the mind.

mlee2
07-31-2004, 02:33 AM
I'm just about as anti-war as any "bleeding heart liberal" but there's a time and place to protest/talk about these issues.

I wouldn't say magiset was distasteful but to attack AO's organization (the military) WITHIN HIS OWN POST was...

well, I guess distasteful is the right word.

thejerk
08-01-2004, 11:24 PM
You guys don't even know what anti-war is. I'm against war too in a perfect world but less die when a war is won quickly. AO congratulations, I'm too old now but when I had the chance to join Bill Clinton scared me away because I thought we would be turned over to U.N. You anti-war types can't even name a elected government that wasn't born and protected by war, for instance: France, Italy, Britain, United States, Japan, Iraq, Pakistan, Turkey, ect....

Coda
08-01-2004, 11:35 PM
amen thejerk...war is a necessary thing in today's world if we want security, but I guess there's a different board for this discussion

Phil
08-02-2004, 12:21 AM
AO - good to hear from you, and don't mind the jerks here-after all, you WILL become a quiet professional in about two years or so...and you are doing something that these couch freaks would never have the cojones to even imagine.

Also, banish this thought from you mind, forever, or you WILL fulfill your own prophecy: "...just understand it's tough stuff, from which I'll very likely wash out." Do what you have to do, and get through it without complaint or any inkling that you don't love the sh*t, no matter how lousy it gets.

Have a great time at the School For Advanced Suffering!

Phil
08-02-2004, 12:23 AM
You guys don't even know what anti-war is. I'm against war too in a perfect world but less die when a war is won quickly. AO congratulations, I'm too old now but when I had the chance to join Bill Clinton scared me away because I thought we would be turned over to U.N.

I've heard excuses for "I wanted to join, but..." but this one takes the cake. I'm LOL. A first for me. Hey, see any black helicoptors lately, jerk-off? Whomp, whomp, whomp...here they CooooME....

mlee2
08-02-2004, 10:31 PM
You anti-war types can't even name a elected government that wasn't born and protected by war, for instance: France, Italy, Britain, United States, Japan, Iraq, Pakistan, Turkey, ect....

Using that kind of logic, slavery should still be legal as our economy would be crap without it. Operative word in your quote is WASN'T. War costs lives and there are plenty of other ways to "secure freedom" such as economic sanctions. You'd think in these 'enlightened times,' most people would focus on non-violent alternatives. All this has been rehashed all over the net but think how much easier NOT having a war is.

We **** less people off and less people from the Middle East will want to kill Americans. War not only has done nothing helping our security, it most likely has threatened it.

thejerk
08-02-2004, 11:03 PM
We live under a constitution that says all men are created equal. I have never been in favor of changing it to allow for slavery.
Yes, not having war would be easy for some, however, my kids aren't in berkas thanks to people like AO.
You can say that Phil, but two of my brothers were in and that is what they told me. Say anyone ever heard of Serbia?
Mlee, can you suggest an alternative that wasn't tried.

Phil
08-02-2004, 11:13 PM
Jerk - I own a bridge in Brooklyn that I'm selling cheap. Would you buy it, please.

What a gullible ignoramus. Your name is well-choosen. Not sure why I wasted my time with you. Geez! Anyway, if you're such a die hard war monger, why didn't you REALLY enlist? Look up the word CHICKENHAWK. There's your answer.

thejerk
08-02-2004, 11:35 PM
I'm gullible, your the one that bought a bridge in Brooklyn.

Phil
08-03-2004, 01:22 AM
Whoa! Awsome comeback, little dude. I can see that I'm dealing with a formidable "opponent". Nuff said on this.