PDA

View Full Version : How does nBlade compare to...

macroscopic
08-18-2006, 01:44 PM
The Ncode6-1 95 and the ncode ntour?

I am unable to get a nBlade demo (for now) but have hit the other 2. I like both but noticed the weight difference between them. both hit about the same for me. A search oon this site suggests that the blade is probably closer to the ncode 6-1 95 but a little lighter weight. What are the other differences, if any?

ncode nTour is a nice racquet but not listed on Wilsons website anymore, is it discontinued?

By the way I'v never had the numeric skill rating and have been out of tennis for a while but based on the self assesment probably a solid 4.0 (in my younger days) I still like to hit hard serves and groundstrokes (to the dismay of my shoulder) with some spin here and there.

bluescreen
08-18-2006, 04:47 PM
i use an n6.1 95 16x18 as my main racquet and demoed the nblade about a month ago. it had better slice, but not as much power. surprisingly, i didnt think it had as much control either, even though its underpowered. serves were ok, but i couldnt get any pop off 'em like w/ my n6.1 95. it seems like u have a shoulder problem, and the nblade is much more comfortable than the n6.1, so that would be a plus for u. i never tried the ntour before.

lzclzclzc
08-18-2006, 05:12 PM
i've sorta tried the ntour before
it has alot more feel than the six-one
especially if your using it with wilson sensation strings

TN1
08-18-2006, 10:52 PM
Well, I demoed the n6.1 18X20 a while ago. I recall that is has really good feel to it weight wise. It was decent in all areas IMO. I can't do a direct comparison to the nBlade because I demoed the n6.1 quite a while ago. I just remember that it didn't do anything too special for me. So I didn't have any urge to leave my PT280 behind at that time.

When I started demoing again about 4 months later, I demoed the nBlade just for fun and the thing that really stood out for me was the feel of the racquet. All the other racquets I demoed couldn't keep up with it. I can't compare it to the nTour either sorry.

If you have any other questions about the nBlade, I'll be happy to answer them. I am a little biased though.... ;) Alos, What are you looking for in a racquet?

macroscopic
08-19-2006, 04:29 AM
Appreciate the input.
I'm grew up playing wood racquets and then switched to 1st generation widebody which was way too powerful - gave up the game 'cause I really couldn't keep the ball in play with that racquet.
I tend to have a long fast swing as a result of the "wood days". Therefore I'm looking for a modern racquet that I can swing and play with in the same style as I did years ago with the wood.

I received good suggestions in another post but the local shops have Wilson (but no n Blade),babolat, head and prince. After I get some bearings with these I will try a Volkl and maybe PK from TWs program.

Thanks again