PDA

View Full Version : Tennis Tutor Rip off?

I love rug
08-18-2006, 04:09 PM
Hey I just ordered and recieved a Tennis Tutor Plus Player model today. I looked at the spinning wheels, and it has some yellow tennis ball fuzz on it. So that made me wonder if it was used. Also, I turned on the power button, and there was power! I don't know if it should have power. I ordered it brand new, and not a demo model. Can any of you tell me that have recieved these new tell me if I recieved an already used model? I would be forever grateful to you guys, because I payed for a new machine, not a used one.
Thank You Very Much!!!

andyroddick's mojo
08-18-2006, 04:32 PM
my lobster ball machine came charged. don't worry, its like that.

varuscelli
08-18-2006, 06:48 PM
Hey I just ordered and recieved a Tennis Tutor Plus Player model today. I looked at the spinning wheels, and it has some yellow tennis ball fuzz on it. So that made me wonder if it was used. Also, I turned on the power button, and there was power! I don't know if it should have power. I ordered it brand new, and not a demo model. Can any of you tell me that have recieved these new tell me if I recieved an already used model? I would be forever grateful to you guys, because I payed for a new machine, not a used one.
Thank You Very Much!!!

They might give them all a test tryout to make sure they'll fire a few balls out. Kind of like buying a brand new car, but having handful of miles on it.

snoflewis
08-19-2006, 02:20 PM
They might give them all a test tryout to make sure they'll fire a few balls out. Kind of like buying a brand new car, but having handful of miles on it.

i think your analogy is a bit off. a car w/ a handful of miles isnt tested by the company itself, but by consumers who want to test drive. in the OP's case, the ball machine would have been tested by the company to make sure it works. this is usually a sign of good customer service since they want to make sure that all their products work before the customers receive it.

DXS
08-19-2006, 02:32 PM
They do test all machines before they leave the factory. No worries....

varuscelli
08-19-2006, 04:24 PM
i think your analogy is a bit off. a car w/ a handful of miles isnt tested by the company itself, but by consumers who want to test drive. in the OP's case, the ball machine would have been tested by the company to make sure it works. this is usually a sign of good customer service since they want to make sure that all their products work before the customers receive it.

What you say about automobiles at dealerships is not necessarily true. Many autos arrive at dealerships with a few miles on the odometer before they are ever test driven by potential buyers. That "handful" of miles" I referred to (often less than 5-10 miles) is not the result of customer test drives. Whether those miles are a combination of testing and moving of the vehicle is subject to debate, certainly.

But that's not the real point of the thread, so nitpicking about the analogy is really irrelevant.

What we're really talking about with the ball machine (and other similar manufactured products) is quality control and testing and not customer service as you describe it. Those are two completely different concepts.

Quality control/testing has very little to do with being a sign of good customer service, but is reflective of good procedures to test manufactured units before they are actually delivered to the end customer. Quality control (before the sale/delivery) is geared toward saving money that would be lost if a defective product were delivered -- money lost in shipping costs for units that must be returned for fixes, time, effort, and bad public relations (which could affect future sales).

Good customer service is generally what happens after delivery. For instance, if something goes wrong with a delivered unit, how does the seller respond?

In any case, the ball machine in question was likely just tested (as a quality control step) so that the company could ensure that they were delivering a product that worked. We can't know that for sure, but it seems likely.

Cruzer
08-23-2006, 06:35 PM
My experience with TT in general has been excellent. I would rate them as a very professional company and I doubt very much they tried to sell someone a used ball machine as a new one. If there are any doubts I suggest giving their customer service group a telephone call. They were very courteous and helpful when I called them.

Dragonhorse
08-23-2006, 07:20 PM
Mine came with some fuzz in it too. This is due to the factory testing of the ball machine before shipment. So far i have been using the Tennis Tutor Plus for 6 months already with an average of 4hrs hitting every week. No problem at all. Great Machine.

Regards,
Ryan