PDA

View Full Version : Your replacment grip type under the overgrip?

Lloyd Barcenilla
08-19-2006, 09:54 AM
Synthetic or leather?

brownbearfalling
08-19-2006, 10:07 AM
I prefer Leather replacement grips under my overgrips cause you can feel the bevels better.
________
GANG BANG YOUNG (http://www.****tube.com/categories/606/young/videos/1)

snoflewis
08-19-2006, 10:08 AM
i voted synthetic because my racket comes stock w/ the crappiest synthetic grip made. i didnt want to change the weight/balance/swingweight/gripsize* on the racket so i just put a tournagrip over it.

*the stock replacement grip on yonex rds001s are very crappy and thin so a leather grip would make the gripsize a bit larger, for those who were wondering.

Lloyd Barcenilla
08-19-2006, 10:29 AM
I prefer Leather replacement grips under my overgrips cause you can feel the bevels better.

WHat overgrip do you use? please don't say tournagrip?

Ronaldo
08-19-2006, 10:44 AM
Babolat leather or Gamma Hi-Tec if synthetic, Yonex Supergrab or Wilson Pro overgrips-Klipper overgrips are also fine

Mr.Federer
08-19-2006, 11:06 AM
WHat overgrip do you use? please don't say tournagrip?

Why? Why can't he use tournagrip? It's one of the best...

Lloyd Barcenilla
08-19-2006, 11:09 AM
Why? Why can't he use tournagrip? It's one of the best...

sorry i don't agree,

Lloyd Barcenilla
08-19-2006, 11:09 AM
Mr.Federer, do you use synthetic or leather?

tennis-skater
08-19-2006, 12:40 PM
i have the n6.1 tour and its the first time i had ever used leather and ill never go back an over grip w/it feels great. i use super grap right now but currently im trying every over grip i heard is good to find the one that suits me

Davai
08-19-2006, 12:58 PM
syn. or leather? An overgrip with leather feels great but you have to get the right grip size otherwise you run into blisters and a big waste of overgrips. Thinking about it again I don't see such a big difference becuase a good frame will play well with any grip. That said I do plan to install leather once I get my frames modded to my liking.

Lloyd Barcenilla
08-19-2006, 03:02 PM
syn. or leather? An overgrip with leather feels great but you have to get the right grip size otherwise you run into blisters and a big waste of overgrips. Thinking about it again I don't see such a big difference becuase a good frame will play well with any grip. That said I do plan to install leather once I get my frames modded to my liking.

DO you still get blisters if you use an overgrip over leather?

Mr.Federer
08-19-2006, 03:05 PM
Mr.Federer, do you use synthetic or leather?

On my stock nSix-One 95 it comes with a synthetic grip and I use wilson pro over it.

sorry i don't agree,?

It doesn't matter if you agree or not, the fact that you said I hope you don't use it...doesn't mean if you don't like that nobody else likes it. Alot of people have the money to spend on overgrips and don't care about durability unlike others(cough, cough). There is no denying that tournagrip isn't one of the best overgrips on the market...because then why would 60-70% of touring players play with tournagrip without even getting it for free?

Lloyd Barcenilla
08-19-2006, 03:09 PM
It doesn't matter if you agree or not, the fact that you said I hope you don't use it...doesn't mean if you don't like that nobody else likes it. Alot of people have the money to spend on overgrips and don't care about durability unlike others(cough, cough). There is no denying that tournagrip isn't one of the best overgrips on the market...because then why would 60-70% of touring players play with tournagrip without even getting it for free?

Cos they play in real hot conditions, in uk its not too hot, so tournagrip does not perform as well as in america say...

btw you tried super grap?

ravemaster806
08-19-2006, 03:15 PM
i have to agree that tourna grip is pretty good, i use the tourna grip hi-tak white and my hand doesnt slip when i am sweating, but i have to say that i may not buy it again cause its too short and i am using the xl version, i have to over lap very little just to have enough(if u know what i mean), unique is too cheap!!!!!!!!!

Lloyd Barcenilla
08-19-2006, 03:17 PM
i have to agree that tourna grip is pretty good, i use the tourna grip hi-tak white and my hand doesnt slip when i am sweating, but i have to say that i may not buy it again cause its too short and i am using the xl version, i have to over lap very little just to have enough(if u know what i mean), unique is too cheap!!!!!!!!!

I have no problem with lenght, just hate having to buy it often, i love the first feel of it, but then it goes horrible

Mr.Federer
08-19-2006, 04:05 PM
I have no problem with lenght, just hate having to buy it often, i love the first feel of it, but then it goes horrible

You see, you like durability in your overgrips...tournagrip never says that offer great durability...it's all about feel!

Yes, I have played with supergrap and found it was **** compared to the wilson pro...but that's most probably because I wanted a red grip but it turned out pinkish...uggggghhhh! lol

ravemaster806
08-19-2006, 04:08 PM
yeah, it only last for about 3 times of play, but u can use both side as they are about the same feel

Lloyd Barcenilla
08-19-2006, 04:11 PM
You see, you like durability in your overgrips...tournagrip never says that offer great durability...it's all about feel!

You see im a 14 yr old kid looking for a job, meaning the money isnt really rolling in, can't help but save at least some? if you know whta i mean lol?

also i play a lot of tennis, so costs add up more? :(

Mr.Federer
08-19-2006, 05:27 PM
You see im a 14 yr old kid looking for a job, meaning the money isnt really rolling in, can't help but save at least some? if you know whta i mean lol?

Yeah I know what you mean, but you say that tournagrip isn't good in your previous posts...tournagrip isn't made for durability but feel and no other grip compares to it regarding feel. It doesn't mean that you can't afford it that it isn't good.

Ronaldo
08-19-2006, 05:58 PM
Y'all lucky cuz back in the day all we had was gauze, dawgs. Mean green gummy grips

Bogie
08-19-2006, 09:51 PM
leather does feel best as a replacement grip, but i still use synthetic and it suits me fine cuz i use 2 tourna grips over it and i dont feel like dishing out 40 bucks for leather grips(for all 3 racquets)

dunlopjew
08-19-2006, 09:56 PM
i use the dunlop candycane hydramax grip under a yonex supergrap overgrip on my mfil 300s. it feels sooooooo good. theres no way i would ever switch to leather under my yonex supergrap.

Lloyd Barcenilla
08-20-2006, 03:58 AM
Yeah I know what you mean, but you say that tournagrip isn't good in your previous posts...tournagrip isn't made for durability but feel and no other grip compares to it regarding feel. It doesn't mean that you can't afford it that it isn't good.

ok, but mind you i only like the brand new feel, feels like its going to come out of your hand even before it starts to rip

jonolau
08-20-2006, 05:12 AM
Gamma Hi-Tech Gel synthetic with Tourna Grip.

theace21
08-20-2006, 07:40 AM
Prince Dura Trac.

tennisboy87
08-20-2006, 11:54 AM
Synthetic. I just put an overgrip over the stock grip on my racquet, and the stock grip is synthetic.

tennis_hand
08-20-2006, 05:03 PM
Just wondering. Why do we still need replacement grip since all we hold is only the overgrip. LOL. We don't feel the replacement grip any more, do we?

It might be a good idea to wrap the replacement grip over the overgrip, so what you hold is the better replacement grip. Or just overgrip on overgrip without spending more on the replacemnet.

horridvolley
08-23-2006, 10:36 PM
leather just like my chaps (not really).

emo5
08-23-2006, 10:45 PM
Lloyd Barcelona, how many threads must you start about grips?

Ano
08-23-2006, 11:58 PM
On my stock nSix-One 95 it comes with a synthetic grip and I use wilson pro over it.

Bingo..!!! Players like Roddick, Blake, Dent, Sharapova, Courier, Martin, Rafter, Rios, Kuerten, Coretja, Moya, Agassi and many others can get overgrips for free from their racquet manufacturers, but they prefer to use tournagrip eventhough they have to buy tourna's with their own money.

Duzza
08-24-2006, 02:11 AM
Leather.
Who said i use an overgrip?

Duzza
08-24-2006, 02:13 AM

Do they? You asked the question...sorry love making fun of poor english.