PDA

View Full Version : does sharapova really use pro hurricane?

andyroddick's mojo
08-19-2006, 12:40 PM
in SMASH magazine, there was an article about this custom frame maker that makes frames for like roddick, agassi, sharapova, and davenport. This guy said that sharapova uses a pro hurricane/xcel premium hybrid. but when you see her strings on tv, they look just like white PSGD or something, definitely not a hybrid. am i wrong? is she really using that?

Saito
08-19-2006, 12:45 PM
in SMASH magazine, there was an article about this custom frame maker that makes frames for like roddick, agassi, sharapova, and davenport. This guy said that sharapova uses a pro hurricane/xcel premium hybrid. but when you see her strings on tv, they look just like white PSGD or something, definitely not a hybrid. am i wrong? is she really using that?

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/player.html?ccode=SHARAPOVA

According to TW, she uses Pro Hurricane and VS, and they're pretty accurate I think. She probably uses the white Hurricane.

2slow
08-19-2006, 03:03 PM
its probaly doesnt look like it because she takes a full pack of hurricane and cuts it in half so its not the blue color in the hybrid packs

tommytom11
08-19-2006, 06:32 PM
it is pro hurricane

chungthomas
08-19-2006, 09:18 PM
I am also using Pro Hurricane (17 main), Xcel Premierre (16 cross). But Pro Hurricane does come in "natural" color, just that the color only comes in reels. The prepackaged ones are blue. Because my stringer asked if I wanted blue string or not, and I strongly opposed the blue string idea LOL!

kchau
08-19-2006, 09:39 PM
I am also using Pro Hurricane (17 main), Xcel Premierre (16 cross). But Pro Hurricane does come in "natural" color, just that the color only comes in reels. The prepackaged ones are blue. Because my stringer asked if I wanted blue string or not, and I strongly opposed the blue string idea LOL!

full sets + reels = white/natural
half sets (aka + strings) = blue

bluescreen
08-19-2006, 10:10 PM
i read that same article and it said she uses pro hurricane w/ nat. gut, not excel premium.