PDA

View Full Version : Need a more powerful racket

tennis_nerd22
08-19-2006, 03:11 PM
hey all, i posted this in the rackets forum though i have questions about rackets and strings, but whatever :p

k, so ive been playing tennis for a year and a month now, and im competing at the provincial level for U16's and many adult tournaments locally and some provincially, but i have one main problem, lack of power and pace. now i have mastered my spin game, in terms of using topspin, slice, backspin, etc. to get points. its one strength of my game. but what makes me lose matches is a lack of power on my serve and groundstrokes.

now before you mention that its technique, i know for my serve that that is definitely an issue, which is why im practicing it a lot. but i find my current racket (yonex rds 001 MP) too demanding, as stupid as that may sound (im 5'4", 120 lbs, 15 yrs). i find that as i go into really tough 3 set matches i cant move my racket around.

now for my power issue, my dad is suggesting to me that i should get a powerful racket and powerful strings so i can learn to control that power, thus adding power to my game. so first step, racket.

ive read lots on TT thats intrigued me, but here are 2 main things. ive read and heard that babolat rackets are powerful frames (because they're stiff), but they're very forgiving. however some people say that because of that, they are bad rackets to use. however it sounds like a racket that would be perfect for me. the second thing is that i read this thread started my TennsDog (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=113761) about how powerful pro players use powerful rackets (examples Roddick, Clijsters, Ljubicic, Gonzalez, who all use babolat rackets). so im thinking may be i should follow this trend. i can control all my shots well, but my lack of power is just too bad and frustrating. now i have access to babolat rackets (APD and pure drive specifically), and i'd just like some comments and suggestions on what i should do.

please dont mention techinque thinking your all cool, because i know it is partially technique, but im trying to learn some info.

thanks

Noveson
08-19-2006, 03:37 PM
I'm a 15 year old also whose 5'10 and 130, so just a little bigger, probably not quite as good as I've only been playing for a year, and I'm having the same problem of closing out points. I also play in many adult tournaments and compete at the state level, and am looking into the pure drive. Maybe two cries for help is better than one:)

Feņa14
08-19-2006, 03:38 PM
Why don't you try an RDS 003 or an RDX300. I'm sure they will have some things that you like in your current yonex, but maybe with a bit more power?

Worth a go maybe.

ace of spades
08-19-2006, 03:48 PM
I really suggest you demo the babolat line. Since you state you have good control but just need some juice they should be a fit for your game (like all the other millions of juniors out there). I cant reccomend a specific one but you should try to stick to the pure drives standards cortex or regular, apd, and the pure storm. They may be what you are looking for.

tennis_nerd22
08-19-2006, 03:49 PM
Why don't you try an RDS 003 or an RDX300. I'm sure they will have some things that you like in your current yonex, but maybe with a bit more power?

Worth a go maybe.

ya maybe, the thing is, i dont really like the yonex feel... like i demoed a prince 03 tour MP last week and i loved the feel way more than the yonex. im not sure if its a brand thing or just that specific yonex frame.

tennis_nerd22
08-19-2006, 03:50 PM
I'm a 15 year old also whose 5'10 and 130, so just a little bigger, probably not quite as good as I've only been playing for a year, and I'm having the same problem of closing out points. I also play in many adult tournaments and compete at the state level, and am looking into the pure drive. Maybe two cries for help is better than one:)

ya you sound like, just half a foot taller... :rolleyes:

tennis_nerd22
08-19-2006, 03:51 PM
I really suggest you demo the babolat line. Since you state you have good control but just need some juice they should be a fit for your game (like all the other millions of juniors out there). I cant reccomend a specific one but you should try to stick to the pure drives standards cortex or regular, apd, and the pure storm. They may be what you are looking for.

so you'd think, but in terms of provincial level here i havent seen ONE babolat racket, not one. its all head or yonex (very few) or wilson. i'd say 60% of the players use an ncode tour 95... lol

Noveson
08-19-2006, 03:51 PM
Half a foot but only 10 lbs heavier(my family is mostly runners, although very good runners), I'm quite skinny.

ace of spades
08-19-2006, 04:07 PM
so you'd think, but in terms of provincial level here i havent seen ONE babolat racket, not one. its all head or yonex (very few) or wilson. i'd say 60% of the players use an ncode tour 95... lol
Wow,
Some of the best high schoolers, the #1 in the state on my school team, and many local college players use Babolat rackets. Cant beleive you havent seen one before at the provincial level. Do you want to use something that is more popular in your area?

Noveson
08-19-2006, 04:15 PM
We had only two Babolat racquets in our whole 4a state competition, not as surprising as in provincial, but still. There was an Apd, and a PDR. Again mostly Wilsons just like Tennis nerd said. A few Flexpoint Radicals here and there also.

meh
08-19-2006, 04:22 PM
You're too short. A longbody will help quite a bit, and so will more powerful strings. The M-Fil 200+ 2005 (which responds well to lead) and PK 7G/Ki 5x fit the bill.

Richie Rich
08-19-2006, 04:45 PM
hey all, i posted this in the rackets forum though i have questions about rackets and strings, but whatever :p

k, so ive been playing tennis for a year and a month now, and im competing at the provincial level for U16's and many adult tournaments locally and some provincially, but i have one main problem, lack of power and pace. now i have mastered my spin game, in terms of using topspin, slice, backspin, etc. to get points. its one strength of my game. but what makes me lose matches is a lack of power on my serve and groundstrokes.

now before you mention that its technique, i know for my serve that that is definitely an issue, which is why im practicing it a lot. but i find my current racket (yonex rds 001 MP) too demanding, as stupid as that may sound (im 5'4", 120 lbs, 15 yrs). i find that as i go into really tough 3 set matches i cant move my racket around.

now for my power issue, my dad is suggesting to me that i should get a powerful racket and powerful strings so i can learn to control that power, thus adding power to my game. so first step, racket.

ive read lots on TT thats intrigued me, but here are 2 main things. ive read and heard that babolat rackets are powerful frames (because they're stiff), but they're very forgiving. however some people say that because of that, they are bad rackets to use. however it sounds like a racket that would be perfect for me. the second thing is that i read this thread started my TennsDog (http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=113761) about how powerful pro players use powerful rackets (examples Roddick, Clijsters, Ljubicic, Gonzalez, who all use babolat rackets). so im thinking may be i should follow this trend. i can control all my shots well, but my lack of power is just too bad and frustrating. now i have access to babolat rackets (APD and pure drive specifically), and i'd just like some comments and suggestions on what i should do.

please dont mention techinque thinking your all cool, because i know it is partially technique, but im trying to learn some info.

thanks

no racquet will help you. stick with your rds mp. or hit the gym. a mid 11 oz racquet is not heavy at all. why are you wasting all your money entering OTA tournaments? if you were any good you'd be in the national high performance program or down in the US.

Mr.Federer
08-19-2006, 05:02 PM
lol...I won't kill you on your technique this time around;) ...I'd say the pure storm or the yonex RDS003 should be fine...but the 003 is kinda a chick stick...so....anyways...You should also re-demo the prince 03 tour, try out the wilson's Npro surge or Npro surge X...all of these should improve your lack of power...especially if you say you "mastered" spins this should add to your weapon.

Hope that I helped!

PBODY99
08-19-2006, 05:05 PM
Most of the racket lines from the major companies hvae a range of frames with regard to power level. Try a tweener. Yes, I know that this board bashes these sticks, but they are for people who find players frames too demanding.

gb93433
08-19-2006, 05:15 PM
Twice the racquet head speed will generate twice the power. I hit with my daughter almost everyday and she hits harder than most boys her age. She is 16 years old, 5'5" and about 115 lbs. I have tried to develop in her longer and faster strokes. At first she had slow choppy strokes that the ball came across the net with little power. Now things are much different.

When I first started learning over 30 years ago I had slow choppy strokes in an effort to just get the ball over the net. A lot of swinging without a ball helped me with that. It wasn't long and I had a lot of power.

tennis_nerd22
08-19-2006, 05:44 PM
Half a foot but only 10 lbs heavier(my family is mostly runners, although very good runners), I'm quite skinny.

nice, its always good to be fit.

Wow,
Some of the best high schoolers, the #1 in the state on my school team, and many local college players use Babolat rackets. Cant beleive you havent seen one before at the provincial level. Do you want to use something that is more popular in your area?

no it doesnt matter, ill use whatever works best for me.

You're too short. A longbody will help quite a bit, and so will more powerful strings. The M-Fil 200+ 2005 (which responds well to lead) and PK 7G/Ki 5x fit the bill.

longbody meaning longer than 27 inches? ok thanks ill keep that in mind

tennis_nerd22
08-19-2006, 05:49 PM
no racquet will help you. stick with your rds mp. or hit the gym. a mid 11 oz racquet is not heavy at all. why are you wasting all your money entering OTA tournaments? if you were any good you'd be in the national high performance program or down in the US.

im saying i find the rds 001 too demanding. it might be great for me later, but if it tires me out that much, im not up for it. FYI, i play soccer (competetive) and im one of the fittest juniors at our club. court coverage is one of my best strengths, so i dont think its fitness

about OTA... i got into it cuz i was winning all the U16 city level tournaments. and now i know where my competition is, after seeing some of the top 10 players play. and i know that before i go to another high level competition, i better make sure i have power and a lot better serve. and hopefully by the end of this winter, i will, and im aiming to qualify for the championships in the summer, if not winter. (im only top 60-70 material right now).

getting to a national high performance program or down in the US is where i plan to go after, but one thing at a time. and ive only been playing a year, so i just have to keep playing and practicing, but i have to work many times harder than if i would've started when i was younger.

now i dont know why you posted that type of negative feedback, i was only asking some questions. but if thats what makes you happy, then do as you please

tennis_nerd22
08-19-2006, 05:51 PM
lol...I won't kill you on your technique this time around;) ...I'd say the pure storm or the yonex RDS003 should be fine...but the 003 is kinda a chick stick...so....anyways...You should also re-demo the prince 03 tour, try out the wilson's Npro surge or Npro surge X...all of these should improve your lack of power...especially if you say you "mastered" spins this should add to your weapon.

Hope that I helped!

it did, thanks :)

Most of the racket lines from the major companies hvae a range of frames with regard to power level. Try a tweener. Yes, I know that this board bashes these sticks, but they are for people who find players frames too demanding.

ya thats what im aiming for. thanks for the advice

NoBadMojo
08-19-2006, 06:19 PM
aye..that's a lot of swingweight to swing and I think you're on the right track with going lighter and a bit stiffer. Lose about 10 swingweight points and you will likely also be swnging something stiffer and a bit more powerful. Something in the 310-315range. You can always lead up later if you feel the need..it's always best to err to the side of too light than too heavy. From the Volkl lineup, give the DNX8 a go and from PK the Ki15. Both are powerful but unlike the PureDrives and such, encourage a more well rounded game and are easier to control. If you can swing a couple lessons with a good teaching pro, he/she should be able to get you on the right track with your new gear. luck to you.

Noveson
08-19-2006, 06:22 PM
im saying i find the rds 001 too demanding. it might be great for me later, but if it tires me out that much, im not up for it. FYI, i play soccer (competetive) and im one of the fittest juniors at our club. court coverage is one of my best strengths, so i dont think its fitness

about OTA... i got into it cuz i was winning all the U16 city level tournaments. and now i know where my competition is, after seeing some of the top 10 players play. and i know that before i go to another high level competition, i better make sure i have power and a lot better serve. and hopefully by the end of this winter, i will, and im aiming to qualify for the championships in the summer, if not winter. (im only top 60-70 material right now).

getting to a national high performance program or down in the US is where i plan to go after, but one thing at a time. and ive only been playing a year, so i just have to keep playing and practicing, but i have to work many times harder than if i would've started when i was younger.

now i dont know why you posted that type of negative feedback, i was only asking some questions. but if thats what makes you happy, then do as you please

You took that a lot better than I would've. Richie Rich who are you to talk about him not being good? Do you have a inferiority complex or something? He has been playing for only a year and was just asking questions.

tennis_nerd22
08-19-2006, 06:23 PM
aye..that's a lot of swingweight to swing and I think you're on the right track with going lighter and a bit stiffer. Lose about 10 swingweight points and you will likely also be swnging something stiffer and a bit more powerful. Something in the 310-315range. You can always lead up later if you feel the need..it's always best to err to the side of too light than too heavy. From the Volkl lineup, give the DNX8 a go and from PK the Ki15. Both are powerful but unlike the PureDrives and such, encourage a more well rounded game and are easier to control. If you can swing a couple lessons with a good teaching pro, he/she should be able to get you on the right track with your new gear. luck to you.

thanks NBM. im curious about volkl rackets the only problem is i cant demo them because none of the stores here have them :(. ill try and check again though

NoBadMojo
08-19-2006, 06:44 PM
thanks NBM. im curious about volkl rackets the only problem is i cant demo them because none of the stores here have them :(. ill try and check again though

yw..You might try putting the 310-315 swingweight range into the RacquetFinder along with a even-headlight balance. based upon what you say, you're exactly right about needing more work on your ball and a better serve to compete well as you develop, as lots of the juniors are hitting it pretty hard these days. Practice unloading on the ball using your spin for control whenever you get short and weak balls when you get your new frame (there are drills you can do for that) as you'll be able to swing it MUCH faster, and work on that serve using targets..try and take hitting into the net on your serve out of the equation. That's good you have the spin control and it seems as though you are mobile and fit. your next step is to hit with more of the juice...more racquethead speed from a lighter stiffer frame will help do that for ya, ..the most important thing is to not be brought down by your gear, and it seems clear that is what's happening with you right now..being aware and objective about your game and to have a plan is always good, and you seem to have that down. later, NBM

Richie Rich
08-20-2006, 04:21 AM
You took that a lot better than I would've. Richie Rich who are you to talk about him not being good? Do you have a inferiority complex or something? He has been playing for only a year and was just asking questions.
i was a little heavy handed so i apologize.

my point was that he should give his current racquet more of a chance. i'm sure there are a lot of things to work on without the added complexity of adjusting to a new racquet. many on the boards have commented that the RDS 001 MP is plenty powerful. why potentially mess up things looking for slightly more power?

ajspurs
08-20-2006, 04:35 AM
Hey tennis_nerd22, i am having same problem aswell, finishing out points because of lack of power, i also have a yonex, the rdx300 model, but i love it, take a look at the review that TW gave of these strings as they may help your problem, im gonna pick some up soon.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACKLIP-KEXP17.html

tennis_nerd22
08-20-2006, 06:54 AM
yw..You might try putting the 310-315 swingweight range into the RacquetFinder along with a even-headlight balance. based upon what you say, you're exactly right about needing more work on your ball and a better serve to compete well as you develop, as lots of the juniors are hitting it pretty hard these days. Practice unloading on the ball using your spin for control whenever you get short and weak balls when you get your new frame (there are drills you can do for that) as you'll be able to swing it MUCH faster, and work on that serve using targets..try and take hitting into the net on your serve out of the equation. That's good you have the spin control and it seems as though you are mobile and fit. your next step is to hit with more of the juice...more racquethead speed from a lighter stiffer frame will help do that for ya, ..the most important thing is to not be brought down by your gear, and it seems clear that is what's happening with you right now..being aware and objective about your game and to have a plan is always good, and you seem to have that down. later, NBM

thanks for that NBM. hopefully ill be able to find a volkl to demo, probably the dnx 8

tennis_nerd22
08-20-2006, 06:57 AM
i was a little heavy handed so i apologize.

my point was that he should give his current racquet more of a chance. i'm sure there are a lot of things to work on without the added complexity of adjusting to a new racquet. many on the boards have commented that the RDS 001 MP is plenty powerful. why potentially mess up things looking for slightly more power?

thats ok richie. i know what you mean by adjusting and giving my racket a chance. the thing is, ive been playing with it for about 2 months now, and i like it. whenever im playing for fun or just one set or practicing its not too demanding. but once i get into a tough match like a 3 setter thats 3 hours +, it gets way too demanding. and i really struggle to get consistency with it in terms of depth, which is probably my technique as well as the fact that its a demanding player's frame, which i probably should not use yet.

tennis_nerd22
08-20-2006, 06:58 AM
Hey tennis_nerd22, i am having same problem aswell, finishing out points because of lack of power, i also have a yonex, the rdx300 model, but i love it, take a look at the review that TW gave of these strings as they may help your problem, im gonna pick some up soon.

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageACKLIP-KEXP17.html

ok thanks. ya if i get a new racket ill probably string it mid to low tension with a soft multi or syn gut.

k so far, im looking to demo the pure drive, pure storm, maybe one of the prince 03 hybrid's if i can find them, same with the volkl dnx 8.

any other suggestions are welcome too :p

thanks

Richie Rich
08-20-2006, 07:14 AM
thats ok richie. i know what you mean by adjusting and giving my racket a chance. the thing is, ive been playing with it for about 2 months now, and i like it. whenever im playing for fun or just one set or practicing its not too demanding. but once i get into a tough match like a 3 setter thats 3 hours +, it gets way too demanding. and i really struggle to get consistency with it in terms of depth, which is probably my technique as well as the fact that its a demanding player's frame, which i probably should not use yet.
just don't sell your yonex's. as you get older and stronger you may want to go back to a slightly heavier frame. you are getting some good advice regarding what racquet to get so you should be able to find a good one.

tennis_nerd22
08-20-2006, 07:39 AM
just don't sell your yonex's. as you get older and stronger you may want to go back to a slightly heavier frame. you are getting some good advice regarding what racquet to get so you should be able to find a good one.

lol thats exactly what my dad said :)

tennis_nerd22
08-20-2006, 10:32 AM
so im demoing the pure drive (its the only one i found :() and guess what... its R-A-I-N-I-N-G, lol thats such a funny jynx, how people get demo's when its raining... but anyways, i might be able to hit with it later on in the evening.

however i did try it out on the street playing my sister and its a pretty chunky racket. but i like it. i liked the power level so far, im not sure how it will be on a real court though. but it feels great to hit with.

grizzly4life
08-20-2006, 10:42 AM
i also can't believe you don't see babolat at local tournaments....

i agree about the wilson ncode being ubiquitous, and quite a bit of head stuff... but i'd say babolat (PD specifically) is popularity contender to ncode.

i had PD, and it was too powerful... sounds like it should be good for you.

Rickson
08-20-2006, 10:48 AM

thanks
There are pros and cons to using tweeners. The pros are that you'll get more power than with players' racquets, but the cons are the stiffness factor and injuries. I hit with a Babolat PD plus and I get good power from it, but after playing for a day, my shoulder's pinching me like a fat lady at Chippendales. I usually need a few days rest to recover, sort of like a pitcher, so if you don't mind the shoulder and wrist problems, go for the Babolat, but if you want to avoid injury, you might look elsewhere.

tennis_nerd22
08-20-2006, 10:51 AM
There are pros and cons to using tweeners. The pros are that you'll get more power than with players' racquets, but the cons are the stiffness factor and injuries. I hit with a Babolat PD plus and I get good power from it, but after playing for a day, my shoulder's pinching me like a fat lady at Chippendales. I usually need a few days rest to recover, sort of like a pitcher, so if you don't mind the shoulder and wrist problems, go for the Babolat, but if you want to avoid injury, you might look elsewhere.

is this true even with soft strings? like say a soft multi full job?

a guy
08-20-2006, 11:03 AM
lol...I won't kill you on your technique this time around;) ...I'd say the pure storm or the yonex RDS003 should be fine...but the 003 is kinda a chick stick...so....anyways...

Chick stick? :eek: How dare you!!

Rickson
08-20-2006, 01:05 PM
is this true even with soft strings? like say a soft multi full job?
You want soft? I use Babolat VS gut at 58 lbs.. Enough said?

Mr.Federer
08-20-2006, 01:10 PM

What racket do you play with?

Mr.Federer
08-20-2006, 02:35 PM
Hey tennis_nerd, instead on spending money again...why won't you go back to your head FXP 4 and see how it feels?

tennis_nerd22
08-20-2006, 02:44 PM

well ya but im not going to pay that much for stringing my racket :)

tennis_nerd22
08-20-2006, 02:46 PM
Hey tennis_nerd, instead on spending money again...why won't you go back to your head FXP 4 and see how it feels?

lol good idea, except that racket is too light, and it just feels weird to play with. plus the 27 mm beam isnt that great.

on a side note, my sister just started playing this summer and she might use it anyways.

i didnt get to try the babolat... rain... :(

ace of spades
08-20-2006, 03:41 PM
Everyone says babolats will lead to eventual injury, i dissagree. If you know how to use it and use it correctly (ie. no constant off center hits, no hittling late, not overly wristy ect...), you will never get any injuries. You can get tennis elbow and injuries from even pk rackets, it is only easier to avoid injuries with them because off center hits and bad form will not be as harming.

Rickson
08-20-2006, 08:54 PM
What racket do you play with?
I'll give you one guess or better yet, scroll up.

Mr.Federer
08-21-2006, 07:00 AM
I'll give you one guess or better yet, scroll up.

Oh, ok, you play with the Bab PD+, my bad. But why do you play with it if you get shoulder problems? It doesn't make sense at all.

Rickson
08-21-2006, 07:53 AM
Oh, ok, you play with the Bab PD+, my bad. But why do you play with it if you get shoulder problems? It doesn't make sense at all.
I stopped using it for a while, but you just can't match the power in serves from a control racquet. I use the LM Prestige when my shoulder's pinching, but when I want to overwhelm an opponent with serves, nothing beats the Pure Drive Plus.

coolblue123
08-21-2006, 12:27 PM
Chick stick? :eek: How dare you!!

Hey I don't mind using a chick stick as long as I get chicks. Besides, don't you want something in common w/ Krilenko? =)

tennis_nerd22
08-21-2006, 12:56 PM
k i got home from trying the PD... i dumped it back into my bag after 10 minutes. way too powerful, and no control. my old fxp 4 was better than it (good call fedex :p). so i finally realized what this board means by 'too much power' and 'not enough control'.

anyways about my power issue, i changed my technique. i read some stuff on the boards in the tips section for how to gain more power and i was amazed by how much better my forehand and backhand were just by keeping my elbow in. my elbows had been more out kind of like a ping pong style thing. its just weird how no coaches ever pointed this out to me. one of my coaches is the highest canadian level (level 4, i know a couple of others in my city too) for coaching and he never pointed it out either. all my improvement has come from reading on these boards. the next step is to video tape myself and let you guys criticize (i mean analyze ;)) my strokes...

anyways back on topic, i keep coming back to my rds 001 MP, and i think im staying with it. i can get more power with better technique, so i should work on my technique instead of equipment.

thanks to everyone who tried to help me out, i got what i asked for, but it wasnt what i needed. back to the courts...

(lol dont you love it when life teaches you lessons.... :rolleyes:)

Mr.Federer
08-21-2006, 01:45 PM
k i got home from trying the PD... i dumped it back into my bag after 10 minutes. way too powerful, and no control. my old fxp 4 was better than it (good call fedex :p). so i finally realized what this board means by 'too much power' and 'not enough control'.

anyways about my power issue, i changed my technique. i read some stuff on the boards in the tips section for how to gain more power and i was amazed by how much better my forehand and backhand were just by keeping my elbow in. my elbows had been more out kind of like a ping pong style thing. its just weird how no coaches ever pointed this out to me. one of my coaches is the highest canadian level (level 1, i know a couple of others in my city too) for coaching and he never pointed it out either. all my improvement has come from reading on these boards. the next step is to video tape myself and let you guys criticize (i mean analyze ;)) my strokes...

anyways back on topic, i keep coming back to my rds 001 MP, and i think im staying with it. i can get more power with better technique, so i should work on my technique instead of equipment.

thanks to everyone who tried to help me out, i got what i asked for, but it wasnt what i needed. back to the courts...

(lol dont you love it when life teaches you lessons.... :rolleyes:)

lmao...highest canadian level 1...I'm a level 1 coach...my coaches are level 2 and national level. You see tennis_nerd, I was right from the beginning, it isn't your racket/strings...it's you! lol

tennis_nerd22
08-21-2006, 02:23 PM
lmao...highest canadian level 1...I'm a level 1 coach...my coaches are level 2 and national level. You see tennis_nerd, I was right from the beginning, it isn't your racket/strings...it's you! lol

my bad got confused with levels. he's canada level 4*. im 1 too (junior instructor)

its called tennis canada coach 4

edit: fed, do you know tony roth or jeff pierce?

Mr.Federer
08-21-2006, 02:43 PM
my bad got confused with levels. he's canada level 4*. im 1 too (junior instructor)

its called tennis canada coach 4

edit: fed, do you know tony roth or jeff pierce?

nope...don't know anybody of Ontario or canada for that matter...I only know a few of them lol.

tennis_nerd22
08-21-2006, 02:46 PM
nope...don't know anybody of Ontario or canada for that matter...I only know a few of them lol.

k i thought you might've done your coaching certification thing at OAC

Offshore
08-21-2006, 02:52 PM

Isn't the SW of the RDS 001 MP already about 310? That racquet should be plenty powerful enough and easy to swing with a multi strung at the low end of the range I would think? I haven't read through every line in this thread so maybe I missed something.

NoBadMojo
08-21-2006, 04:37 PM
Isn't the SW of the RDS 001 MP already about 310? That racquet should be plenty powerful enough and easy to swing with a multi strung at the low end of the range I would think? I haven't read through every line in this thread so maybe I missed something.

aye..maybe so...thought the guy was using the mid which is around a 325sw...guess the MP is a lot lighter..

Offshore
08-21-2006, 04:54 PM
aye..maybe so...thought the guy was using the mid which is around a 325sw...guess the MP is a lot lighter..

Yeah, the MP does have a relatively low SW. But after thinking about it a bit, I agree that the DNX 8 would be a great compromise between power/SW/comfort in this case. The RDS 001, even with lower tension, might still be underpowered in this case versus a stick built like the 8.