PDA

View Full Version : Prince O3 Hybrid Hornet

bssplayer121
08-19-2006, 08:46 PM
This is a question for users of this racquet or people who have tried it. What kind of swings and/or playing styles do you have? Does your playing style fit the racquet well? Thanks a ton,
~Tyler

netman
08-20-2006, 05:54 AM
Have tried the MP a few times. Its too light for me. I was always out in front of the ball and it did stand up well to hard hit shots. The lack of feel you get from the O3 ports made it even worse. Found the Hybrid Shark to be a much better frame, but still would not chose it for competitive play.

That said, a lot of folks I know who like lightweight frames are really positive on the Hybrid Hornet.

-k-

Discovery660
08-20-2006, 10:54 AM
I am currently using a o3 Hybrid Hornet OS, strung at 59lbs w/ Prince Syngut. It took me a while to get use to this racquet, but I am hitting the best ever now. I have to produce a fast swing to get the bite on my shots that I need because the OS is pretty light. I just purchased a Hornet MP w/ Alu Power Rough which should arrive tomorrow. With the added weight and smaller head, this racquet will idealy be perfect. :)

My style, big swings (fast). I use heavy top spin, and flat shots just the same. It depends on where the ball is on the court. I play baseline a lot, but come in on short balls every time. This racquet is enjoyable to volley with also.

Bottle Rocket
08-20-2006, 11:27 AM
I've hit with my friends a couple of times...

It is extremely light, very poweful, and has a very muted feel. I think the head shape is a little odd and the frame as a whole a little gimmicky.

It just doesn't seem to have much control, but it might be me. There is also the whole issue of string breaking on the 03 frames.

I thought it was better than the hybrid shark, but definitely demo one for yourself. It's just not for me, my response is probably pretty biased.

LoveThisGame
08-20-2006, 05:48 PM
I've had customers demo the O3 Hybrid Hornet (MP) and the O3 Hybrid Shark (MP and sometimes OS) along with some other O3 or other frames. Several times I hit with the customer as they demoed. Interestingly, the O3 Hybrid Shark MP has been the winner each time; folks like the heavier frame.

netman
08-20-2006, 07:08 PM
I've had customers demo the O3 Hybrid Hornet (MP) and the O3 Hybrid Shark (MP and sometimes OS) along with some other O3 or other frames. Several times I hit with the customer as they demoed. Interestingly, the O3 Hybrid Shark MP has been the winner each time; folks like the heavier frame.

My thoughts exactly. The heavier frames seems to complement the O3 tech better than the ligther frames.

-k-

pmata814
08-20-2006, 08:00 PM
I own the 03 hornet MP. At first I liked it a lot becuase it was light and very manuverable, but I developed bad habits over time probably because the weight allowed me to cheat a lot on my forehand. I recently switched to the Diablo MP and like it much better. My brother, whom I play with at least twice a week, agrees that I play much better now that I'm hitting with the Diablo. I still can't beat him though:mad: