PDA

View Full Version : Paint EVERYWHERE!!

jman
08-20-2006, 01:25 AM
OMG, I was trying to paint in the stencil of the Wilson logo on my racquet with a newly bottle of paint from Gamma. Suddenly, the paint bottle exploded, and red paint is everywhere. It's on me, my racquet and worst of all on my mother's favorite antique dining table!! I'm in terrible s**t. My racquet looks like it belongs back in the 80's, with all those spots everywhere.:cry: :cry:

Duzza
08-20-2006, 02:29 AM
metholated spirits...put a cloth on the neck of the bottle dab some on and scrub the racquet...

Londonfields
08-20-2006, 05:03 AM
Don't think that would go down too well with the dining table though... Can't think of anything that wouldn't require it to be sanded (if it's wood) and re-varnished. Sounds like you're in BIIG trouble there. Anyway, hopefully there'd be someone who could help you out!

vinnier6
08-20-2006, 06:40 AM
why wouldnt you paint the stencil in the garage or better yet in the back yard....

joe sch
08-20-2006, 06:42 AM
I thought you were referring to all the paint jobs on the tour :)

UpTheT
08-21-2006, 11:30 AM
I don't know what to tell you other than.....

YOU'RE SCREWED!!!

BabolatFan
08-21-2006, 11:46 AM
OMG, I was trying to paint in the stencil of the Wilson logo on my racquet with a newly bottle of paint from Gamma. Suddenly, the paint bottle exploded, and red paint is everywhere. It's on me, my racquet and worst of all on my mother's favorite antique dining table!! I'm in terrible s**t. My racquet looks like it belongs back in the 80's, with all those spots everywhere.:cry: :cry:

Well...let us know whatelse happened to you after all this.

Semaj
08-21-2006, 11:46 AM
Hmmmm, I allways stencil with pleanty of paper underneath as u allways get some 'spray' of paint. I have come close to the top comming off before- allways make sure its firmly in before by pushing it down hard on something you dont mind getting painted!!!! When the stuff is still wet you can get it off- when dry its a nightmare!

La Bomba
08-21-2006, 09:29 PM
Ok never mind this happened to me on one of my old racquets, the stencil ink went all over the floor and racquet. BUt I was able to get all the ink off the racquet and floor using Nail Polish remover, I later found out Ispoyrl worked een better. No need to worry.

kchau
08-21-2006, 09:30 PM
why the heck were you squeezing the bottle so hard?

you dont need to squeeze at all, just push down, never squeeze......

diredesire
08-21-2006, 10:35 PM
Use some isopropyl alcohol (commonly known as rubbing alcohol). Do NOT use acetone, or nail polish remover, especially in the vicinity of plastic(s). Acetone is very aggressive, and can strip other paints (sometimes varnishes, but rarely so). If you are in deep doo you might venture a try at the acetone, but it's not recommended. High purity (90%+) isopropyl alcohol is easily sourced (your local supermarket, fred meyers, safeway, etc and pharmacy stores will carry it. Target has some 99%).

It'll probably soften up and clean up any spills, take your time, though.

In the future, don't press on the sides. Dab the applicator tip on whatever it is you're using to catch the drops (newspaper, filing folder, etc). The applicator tip has a piece of plastic that acts as a stopper (typically). When depressed, it allows for a small flow of ink.

Swissv2
08-21-2006, 10:54 PM
wow diredesire, you are like an "ask Heloise"

diredesire
08-22-2006, 12:16 AM
wow diredesire, you are like an "ask Heloise"

Some probably find it annoying ;)

I have a lot of hobbies, and I pick up tips/tricks from each. They're suprisingly useful across other hobbies ;)

Freedom
08-23-2006, 04:29 PM
I have a lot of hobbies, and I pick up tips/tricks from each. They're suprisingly useful across other hobbies ;)

And one of those hobbies would be...paint removal? ;)

irishcommodore15
08-23-2006, 04:38 PM
You can get red wine out of a carpet with shaving cream...i don't think paint and wine is the same though...oh well

Fishbulb
08-24-2006, 02:56 AM
USE METHELATED SPIRITS,

i always spill a bit of stencil ink on my racquet, but i just wipe it off with methalated spirits.

If your cheap, u can use vodka or nail polish remover (Acetone).

jman
08-24-2006, 03:00 AM
cheers guys, i will try something. Thinking bout stripping the whole racquet and just giving it a new customised paint job.

Cheers :mrgreen:

JordanR
08-31-2006, 08:26 AM
cheers guys, i will try something. Thinking bout stripping the whole racquet and just giving it a new customised paint job.

Cheers :mrgreen:

Yeah, screw the table! At least you got your priorities straight ;)

Fishbulb
09-19-2006, 01:21 PM
The funny thing is that that exact thing happened to me yesterday.
I was about to stencil my nsix one, and i opened up my Gamma stencil ink and it popped out everywhere. On me, the racquet and the carpet.

I used methylated spirits to get it all off the racquet, but it wouldnt come off the carpet or my clothes.

I think there may be some sort of conspiracy with those Gamma Stencil Inks!

mctennis
09-19-2006, 01:24 PM
What kind of flowers do you want at your funeral?

Jesse K.
09-19-2006, 01:28 PM
What kind of flowers do you want at your funeral?

LOL! Ownage. :D

carpetgrub
09-19-2006, 01:34 PM
How about a visual? I'm feeling your pain, but this story will be that more lasting with a picture.

kaztennis
09-19-2006, 02:24 PM
Yes, like diredesire mentioned, acetone is very powerful. I used to use it in the lab a lot when I was in university. You can get is at DIY store such as OSH but do be careful as it even removes the fat/oil from your fingers too and it evaporates very quickly. To remove/dissolve an organic solvent, you should use organic solvent(Acetone, ethanol, ether, methanol, chloroform, benzene, hexane,etc. but make sure you don't inhail those stuff as most of them are carcinogen. and hey...some of them may be illegal to use for some purposes.) Acetone rules though...you can find it at the paint thinner section. Oh and make sure you don't smoke or use it near fire. You will burn down your house....