PDA

View Full Version : atp gallery

polakosaur
03-05-2004, 06:58 PM
in Tennis Warehouse ATP gallery a player has their gear showcased. i was wondering about the strings if a pro has two strings for example federer he has natural gut and luxilon what string does he use in competition and practice. or does he just use one of them. What about other pros?

blakestheman
03-05-2004, 07:07 PM
federer uses a hybrid of luxilon and babolat natural gut which is all the rage nowadays on the pro tour. others with the same combination include paradorn srichaphan whom i strung for in indy last year

polakosaur
03-06-2004, 12:33 PM
so thats how they do it, which one the main and which one the cross

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
03-07-2004, 11:02 AM
Gut mains, luxilon crosses.

polakosaur
03-07-2004, 01:43 PM
thanks, are there any other combos that work good together like that like gut and wilson NXT or anything else? If i break the cross, do i only need to restring the cross or both?

PureCarlosMoyaDrive
03-07-2004, 05:57 PM
There was a big conversation recently on whether you can just restring the crosses, and I think the general rule is to cut out all of the strings. I've heard it's not good to use gut and a multi (like NXt) because they tear through each other. I like poly mains and synthetic crosses, and i bet poly main gut crosses would be good to, just too expensive for me.

polakosaur
03-07-2004, 06:32 PM
i'm gonna try some different combos like nxt mains and luxilon crosses, of luxilon mains and nxt crosses, or luxilon main/cross with synthetic main/cross, if i break a cross then i'll just get it retrung just to see if its okay to do

cheezecake
04-17-2004, 07:39 PM
Don't try NXT mains and luxilon crosses. I've tried it and it broke in like 6 hours. I suggest you try luxilon main and nxt crosses.