PDA

View Full Version : So I've got a friend looking for a new racquet...

adrawer4ever
08-20-2006, 11:27 AM
... as the title states I have a friend who is looking to upgrade her racquet, since she's grown out of the "beginner" stage of tennis...

she's looking for...

-something prefferably light, she doesn't have much upper arm strength, and doesn't really mind if the racquet doesn't have alot of power to it.

- under/aroung $100

- good for skill level of "intermediate/skilled beginner"

- something easy to find in a sports store, she doesn't want to order offline.

What racquet is she currently using? She is actually currently using a Micheal Chang (graphite) I'm not sure about it's measurements, she likes the lightness of it.

What does she not like about it? I'm really not sure, but for some reason she just feels the need to get something "better". @_@;

Has she developed a play style yet? If she has, what is it? I really don't know TOO much about her play style, we haven't really gotten the chance to play each other in a good 2-3 months. Though she tends to be a net player, especially in doubles.

Janne
08-20-2006, 11:30 AM
What racquet is she currently using? What does she like about it? What does she not like about it? Has she developed a play style yet? If she has, what is it?

People need more info than you've given :)

irishcommodore15
08-20-2006, 11:33 AM
What about headsize?

adrawer4ever
08-20-2006, 11:46 AM
ok, I've fixed the first post to answer a few more questions.

Steve H.
08-20-2006, 04:10 PM
Well the Chang isn't all that light, and the swingweight is enormous by today's standards. If she can play with that, pretty much any modern racquet will be easier to handle. It's probably an oversize, right? In terms of big-box sports stores, she could check out one of the Head Radicals, or one of the latter-day Princes: Shark, Air DB, or O3 Red or Blue might be possibilities. The Chang was 28 inches, so she might want to get something at least 27 1/2 which would rule out some of these. The O3 Blue is a very solid frame for a lightweight, although it's pretty expensive.