PDA

View Full Version : Dunlop Championships tennis balls

quest01
08-20-2006, 03:40 PM
I bought a 6 pack of the Dunlop Championship tennis balls at Sports Authority and I just wanted to know if these balls are any good?

xtremerunnerars
08-20-2006, 03:46 PM
Should be, though dunlop grand prix balls are the best for durability. I haven't played with a can of new championships.

Faber
08-20-2006, 06:11 PM
I bought a can on the weekend. I'll be playing with them tomorrow to see how they are. I have also used Dunlop Grand Prix and they all went super dead within 2 hours of play. I don't know if they were defective, but they sure didn't live up to my expections compared to Wilson US Opens.

BreakPoint
08-20-2006, 11:46 PM
I bought a 6 pack of the Dunlop Championship tennis balls at Sports Authority and I just wanted to know if these balls are any good?

They're the best balls on the market IMHO. :D

kchau
08-20-2006, 11:56 PM
they last longer than regular balls, but they are pretty heavy, almost like presureless practice balls.

127mph
08-21-2006, 11:10 AM
http://www.head.com/corporate/news.php?id=191

no more penn

zhan
08-21-2006, 11:36 AM
where to get these head balls?

Swissv2
08-21-2006, 12:05 PM
I bought a can on the weekend. I'll be playing with them tomorrow to see how they are. I have also used Dunlop Grand Prix and they all went super dead within 2 hours of play. I don't know if they were defective, but they sure didn't live up to my expections compared to Wilson US Opens.

I have used my Dunlop Grand Prix balls for over 2 months now and they are still going strong. I hit with 5.0+ Division 1 tennis players. They always grab for the dunlops first.

You must have defective tennis balls.

Lagger
08-21-2006, 12:54 PM
True, Dunlop Championships are durable, however, they are too heavy for me and I usually find a lopsided ball out of every can or two. :/

gb93433
08-21-2006, 09:35 PM
I store my tennis balls in a Gexco Tennis Ball Saver. Have been doing that for over 25 years and I will go through about three cans in a month. I play about 12 hours each week. I use Dunlop Grand Prix. Wilson's go flat after a few hours.

The Dunlop balls are smooth when I get rid them.

Dopke
08-21-2006, 11:02 PM
http://www.head.com/corporate/news.php?id=191

no more penn

Interesting. Haha, guess they finally have to get rid of the "THREE THINGS YOU MUST KNOW FOR TENNIS. BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH. AND ALWAYS PLAY WITH PENN"

Personally as far as the playing and hitting of tennis balls, I like the plain ol Wilson US Opens. But their durability isn't the greatest.

TaintedWisdom
08-23-2006, 03:08 PM
If the Wilson Usopen were not so expensive I would buy truckloads of them.
They wear out quick, but they feel amazing.

The dunlops last what seems like forever, but geez they hard as a brick.

I wish I could find something with a similar feel to the wilson usopens but last at least a bit longer so I can practice with those and not the usopens.

BabolatFan
08-23-2006, 05:47 PM

I've been using the same dunlop balls too. IMO they're really durable and a bit heavier than penn and wilson. Penn balls get bald really quickly. My next fav ball is the wilson xtra duty felt.

skuludo
08-25-2006, 06:27 PM
For similar feel to US Open balls get Australian Open balls.

You can also try Penn ATP Masters and Davis Cup Double Core (non club version)