PDA

View Full Version : RDS001 MP, 03 Tour MP, and Pure Storm?

TripleB
08-21-2006, 05:57 AM
I've just ordered 4 demos: Yonex RDS001 Midplus, Prince 03 Tour Midplus, Babolat Pure Storm Team, and Prince 03 White.

The last demo isn't supposed to be in until 8/29/06 so it may be a while before I actually see the demos on my doorstep.

While I'm waiting I'd love to hear your comments on any or all of these racquets!!!

I'd especially be interested to hear if you've developed any arm problems while using any of these racquets for an extended amount of time. I figure that in having the demos for only one week that this would be the area I really couldn't tell much about with each racquet. In using all four during the same time it may also be hard to tell which racquet is causing the arm pain if any did arise.

Thanks for any and all helpful feedback.

TripleB

LudaKrisKG
08-21-2006, 06:32 AM
the rds is a great frame
I use the mid

fielders_80
08-21-2006, 06:48 AM
I have played with the 03 Tour MP, 03 White and the Pure Storm. None of them cause any arm problems. I like the 03 Tour the most since it has most stability compared to the others. O3 White is the most powerful. Pure Storm would be somewhere in between, but a pretty decent stick as well. So its a matter of personal choice. The 03s feel a bit weird in the beginning due to the muted feel but after a while i find them to be rather comfortable, so give them some times.

ace of spades
08-21-2006, 08:30 AM
I found that the o3 tour was pretty unstable, but with about 6g at 3&9 it got better. I just couldnt get over the feel, but you enjoy the o3 white so I might be alright with you. I recently just got the pure storm and it played really well stock. However I am one who enjoys about 4-6pts hl, so 15g on the but made it play even better for me. I found that the storm is really stable despite its weight and pretty comfortable. I have experienced no arm problems and from what I expect no problems to ever come. It was an easy transition from my lm prestige mp to the storm.

jackson vile
08-21-2006, 10:29 AM
I would save some money and just get the RDX500MP, very good frame, huge sweet spot, very acurate, low weight so that later you can add some lead to mod as you grow. This will allow you to win tennis, it is imo an opertunist racket, when you see the shot it will allow you to do what ever you need to do, with serves being more on the percentage and placement side.

The O3tourMP is good with synthetic, but not an all court racket imo, more of a baseliner.

Purestorm I am not sure about, I would supposed it would be simular to a prestige flexpoint, making it a good all court choice, but more on the serve and baseline bash part.

So if you want to win pick the RDX500mp, if you want to be lazy ie your game is serve and bash take the pure strom

nn
08-21-2006, 10:36 AM
the rds is a great frame
I use the mid

me too..

TripleB
08-21-2006, 11:05 AM
I would save some money and just get the RDX500MP,

I have the RDX500 MP and like almost everything about it. I would like a little more pop on my serves (with less effort) and on groundstrokes. I'd also like to move to something a little lighter if I can (hence all of these racquets being less than 11.7 ounces). The lighter racquets really give me an advantage (or at least I feel they do) at the net where I used to really struggle...before trying the 03 White. Thanks for the input though!!!

TripleB

jackson vile
08-21-2006, 11:22 AM
I have the RDX500 MP and like almost everything about it. I would like a little more pop on my serves (with less effort) and on groundstrokes. I'd also like to move to something a little lighter if I can (hence all of these racquets being less than 11.7 ounces). The lighter racquets really give me an advantage (or at least I feel they do) at the net where I used to really struggle...before trying the 03 White. Thanks for the input though!!!

TripleB

Check out the volkls and dunlops then, that will be a much much better choice, than all 3 rackets metioned in reguard to the direction you are going

TripleB
08-21-2006, 11:26 AM
Check out the volkls and dunlops then

I've tried a lot of the Volkls (at least all the 8s, 9, and 10s) and haven't been able to find good pop on my serve with any of them except the Tour 10 V-Engine Midplus and they no longer have any of the 4 5/8" grips in stock. As far as the Dunlops I can't stand the "oval" head shape...that's one reason I'm not waiting to try the 03 Tour Hybrid...looks too much like a Dunlop - crazy reasons not to like a racquet I know

TripleB

ollinger
08-21-2006, 11:59 AM
Want feedback on the Pure Storm? Check the comparative review that YOU WROTE some time ago. All of these racquets have been around for some time and there are dozens of entries under customer feedback for each of them as well as many earlier searchable threads. The information is already there to be harvested, so why bother with this semiannual public ritual parade?
________
Hurt From Paxil (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/paxil/)

tennis_nerd22
08-21-2006, 12:01 PM
triple B, i wont get into details, but ive tried the 03 tour MP, havent tried the pure storm, and ive tried a pure drive. best is the yonex, look forward to it

jackson vile
08-21-2006, 01:21 PM
Wow, you have tried that many rackets and you want one that is that low in weight?

Is the RDS Mp really that different form the RDX Mp?

I would think the Purstorm would be a more friendly version of a LMprestige

Seriously good luck, to me it sounds like you are going in circles

I've been there, fallow what feels good, not hype is my advice

Good luck, I spent a year in limbo until I customized my rackets