PDA

View Full Version : Does Ferrero...

aramis
08-21-2006, 04:30 PM
still have any affilliation with HEAD? I'm asking this because if he did not (which is what I think), then why does he bother to paint his POG all black? Who's going to fine him?

maynardsson55
08-21-2006, 04:55 PM
still have any affilliation with HEAD? I'm asking this because if he did not (which is what I think), then why does he bother to paint his POG all black? Who's going to fine him?
doesn't the POG have a mostly all black PJ anyway? With just a small green stripe that you couldn't see on tv? I believe this has been discussed since the start of the grass court season. I believe he broke his contract. Do a search.

J-man
08-21-2006, 05:05 PM
still have any affilliation with HEAD? I'm asking this because if he did not (which is what I think), then why does he bother to paint his POG all black? Who's going to fine him?He is not sponsered by Head anymore.

aramis
08-21-2006, 05:38 PM
doesn't the POG have a mostly all black PJ anyway? With just a small green stripe that you couldn't see on tv? I believe this has been discussed since the start of the grass court season. I believe he broke his contract. Do a search.
The POG he is using right now is definintely painted all black. I doubt he has many POG's with the original cosmetics, because he probably has a bunch with the recent paintjobs.

SDTENNIS
08-21-2006, 05:50 PM
he paints his rackets all black so he doens't give prince free advertising...duh!

hoosierbr
08-21-2006, 08:20 PM
JCF's move to HEAD was big waste of time. He said he wanted a racquet with more control but his results and ranking went into the toilet. Not that his racquet was completely to blame - he had lots of injuries and a major loss of confidence.

Interesting how many players sign big or bigger contracts w/other racquet companies and then realize how much they miss their old stick, be it comfort or superstition. Safin signed a deal with Dunlop but still used his old HEAD frames. Albert Costa signed with Fischer after winning Roland Garros and most of last year and the little he played this year he went back to his Prince.

I suppose technically JCF has an affliation w/HEAD given that he's wearing Lotto clothes. HEAD owns Lotto I believe. I'd think Prince would welcome him back and he could get a full products deal like Davydenko.