PDA

View Full Version : Hard work Hard play camp

boxingguy
08-23-2006, 08:30 PM
Hey, guy who was looking for hard work hard play camp. Apparently all threads started yesterday were lost. Did you see my last post? Send me a PM.

Geezer Guy
08-24-2006, 10:02 AM
Either THAT, or those blasted knotsy-Admin's DELETED it! (J/K)

I was going to respond yesterday (but I ran out of time) that I'd been to Newk's 3 times as a single travler, and enjoyed it very much each time. The other campers are always friendly, and the pro's eat all meals with you and hang around for beers after supper. If you've got transportation, both San Antonio and Austin are just a short drive up/down I-35.

If you're looking for a camp in CA, I have some friends that went to Gardiners and they said it was very good. The only "problem?" they had with it was that the meals were SOO good they ended up over-eating quite a bit. They thought the tennis and accomodations were first rate.

Good Luck on your search. If you haven't found it yet, check out www.TennisResortsOnline.com

10S_Playr
08-24-2006, 09:47 PM
I also replied but the message got lost....the original poster also asked about Saddlebrook - I've been there twice, a very good camp from a tennis perspective, and it qualifed as a "hard work" program.

However, the person also asked about the night life there - it gets pretty quiet in the evenings, some families, some corporate events. I would drive back toward Tampa to find restaurants, and that was 10 miles or more. So, I can't recommend it as an active singles place, even though I liked the tennis.