PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - tennis match in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco

Max G.
07-25-2004, 05:44 PM
So... I'm visiting in San Francisco, and I'm sorely tennis-deprived. So I had the bright idea of asking if anyone on these boards happens to live close enough for a match... I'm staying fairly near the park, and I've seen a tennis complex with lots of courts - that's within walking distance of me. Would anyone be willing to meet me there, maybe hit around for a while or maybe play a set or a match? I'd have to borrow a racquet from whoever I'm playing, I don't have my own with me... I'm somewhere between a 4.0 and a 4.5, probably would be about a 4.0. This would have to be somewhere in the next week or two, you can either leave a reply here or email me at savfan104 at tennis.com and we'll work out the details.

Thanks in advance if anyone is willing to play,
-Max

bookem
07-26-2004, 12:57 PM
Max...

Check the boards at the GG clubhouse; they're usually full of requests for matches with most listing abilities/ratings. GG Park is also busy on weekends and you might be able to pick up a match then.

I highly suggest you rent a racquet beforehand so there isn't too much of an imposition on your prospective partner/opponent. The pro shop at the clubhouse may have some available. If you have transpo you might also check SF State's courts on weekends for pick up games; no pro shop there but a lot of Peninsula folks come up for some play.

Hope this helps...

norcal
07-26-2004, 02:04 PM
Hmmm, does BART stop near the GG courts? If so I can cross the bay and hit with you. How long you in SF for? Email me at colin@cramikskim.com if you are interested.