PDA

View Full Version : Portable Water Remover / Roller Squeegee?

varuscelli
08-25-2006, 03:24 PM
Anybody know of a small enough (portable) roller-style tennis court water remover that could be easily carried in the trunk of a car? Something that might have a telescoping handle and not be overly wide?

I'm guessing I could rig one up with a telescoping painter's pole, but wanted to see if something like that was already available out there somewhere.

BabolatFan
08-25-2006, 06:13 PM
Anybody know of a small enough (portable) roller-style tennis court water remover that could be easily carried in the trunk of a car? Something that might have a telescoping handle and not be overly wide?

I'm guessing I could rig one up with a telescoping painter's pole, but wanted to see if something like that was already available out there somewhere.

Maybe check out home depot or lowes or your local hardware store. Never crossed my mind about getting one but then again I'm in so cal. hehe.

varuscelli
08-25-2006, 06:37 PM
Maybe check out home depot or lowes or your local hardware store. Never crossed my mind about getting one but then again I'm in so cal. hehe.

I've found quite a few tennis court equipment suppliers that sell various versions of them, but I haven't seen one quite like I'm looking for.

I'm on the Texas Gulf Coast, and even though you don't need a water roller all that often, there are probably at least a couple of times a month on public courts where one would come in handy. At clubs and such, it's usually not an issue, but on public courts you either wait until they dry or figure out a way to dry the wet spots yourself (towel, frayed old broom, "tennis shoe kick," whatever). If I could find a relatively inexpensive roller to throw in the trunk of my car, I'd do it.

Hey, I even carry around a spare net strap, just in case. It's amazing how often on the few available public courts someone has stolen the net strap.

varuscelli
08-25-2006, 06:39 PM
A "for instance" kind of place to by roller squeegees:

http://www.collinscompany.com/mall/CourtMaintenance.asp

Just not seeing what I hope to find there.