PDA

View Full Version : Forehand problems

cgtennis10
08-25-2006, 07:11 PM
I play on my high school team and im pretty low on the team (3rd in state) . I have recently been having problems hitting my forehand and backhand consistently and with any power at all. It seems that whenever i get a ball that nots in the perfect place then i will either hit it way out or in the net(moreso out than in the net) Anyone have any advice on how to fix this?

Bagumbawalla
08-25-2006, 08:28 PM
There are many, many things that (from what I infer) you can do and should do to improve your game.

The one basic thing I will suggest that will give you the biggest kick for your effort is-- practice.

Hit against a wall (or ball machine) and groove your groundstrokes, forehand and backhand until you click like a machine. Really watch the ball, follow its arc, feel yourself finding your rhythm. Strive to position yourself with small, "shuffling" steps.

When you perfect your basic strokes, then vary your spin-- more top, a bit flatter, some underspin. Gaining control over these basics is a good first step and will give you confidence to start building a complete game.