PDA

View Full Version : What happenned to Federer's PS 90??

nalbandian_fan
08-25-2006, 08:58 PM
I'm just wondering what happenned to all the talk about Federer using a PS 90?. Like a month ago when i joined this forum, thats like all anyone would talk about. Now I can't find anything on Federer's racquet even if i do a search.

Steven87
08-25-2006, 09:39 PM
It's not the racquet that makes the player, it's the player who makes the racquet

supersmash
08-25-2006, 10:13 PM
It's not the racquet that makes the player, it's the player who makes the racquet

Corny, but well said.

Swissv2
08-25-2006, 10:28 PM
well everyone was debating on whether he had a paintjob or not.

then someone posted detailed specs and pictures of his actual racquet compared to retail and for the most part that settled the discussion.

Chang
08-26-2006, 12:43 AM
People are sick of it.

jackson vile
08-26-2006, 09:01 AM
Corny, but well said.

No not really, haveing the right racket goes a long ways and just the same having the wrong racket can go even longer the other way;)

nalbandian_fan
08-26-2006, 09:45 AM
well everyone was debating on whether he had a paintjob or not.

then someone posted detailed specs and pictures of his actual racquet compared to retail and for the most part that settled the discussion.

when did this happen? so it turned out that he actually is using an ncode? you mind linking me to this post?

thevidrohi
08-26-2006, 09:50 AM
when did this happen? so it turned out that he actually is using an ncode? you mind linking me to this post?

http://hdtennis.com/grs/federer_playtest.html

That should answer your questions :)

skuludo
08-26-2006, 10:55 AM
The site backs up what Fed says. Very similar to each other.

nalbandian_fan
08-26-2006, 08:05 PM
haha i cant believe we all believed all that horse***** from that guy who said he knew an "unidentified source from wilson"

flyboy1
08-26-2006, 08:54 PM
Yeah, it seems a little odd to me that everyone bought into the argument that there is some phantom "European version" of the Ncode 90, when in fact you can go on any European retail website and find that the Ncode's they are selling look exactly the same as the version available in the U.S. Now, this is not totally conclusive, of course, especially considering that no one has done any lab tests to Federer's racket to ascertain whether or not his racket has the same chemical makeup as the retail Ncode or the PS 85 of his youth. Mainly, we're just concentrating on the cosmetics of the racket. I don't believe for a second that any of us that bought the retail version of the Ncode 90 can make the throat of the racket (above the grip) look like Federer's racket. He obviously has a custom pallet as well as a custom string bed. It bothers me that so many people are quick to say that there is no conspiracy just as much as it bothers me when people immediately think that Wilson and Federer are running a scam and are guilty of false advertising. Clearly the racket is not ALL retail, nor is it ALL custom. It is, as the Germans say most accurately "die neue mitte".

LordRaceR
08-27-2006, 02:45 AM
For me, itís sad that 4.0 and 4.5 players get to test these kinds of racquets and write their opinion about them. 5.0 and 5.5 are, in my book, have much better chance of accurate evaluation of these frames and small differences between them.