PDA

View Full Version : I need help with my forehand.....

palmerpursuit
08-26-2006, 06:09 PM
I currently play with 2 hands on both sides and I am trying to switch over to a one-handed forehand...I am 16 and about a 3.5-4.0 player...my problem is whenever I try to hit with one hand it just feels very flimsy and have little control..any tips on how to progress my one-hander???

M0rgan77
08-26-2006, 08:32 PM
Just keep at it. It will take a while for you to develope the muscles required to hit the forehand. Make sure you have a long flowing swing.

p0w3r
08-26-2006, 08:53 PM
Try to find someone that will drill you some balls or someone that will just hit to your forehand side at a not too fast pace so you can get used to the swing. Then move up the pace. Its going to be like first learning tennis again at times because you are not used to it. Hitting against the wall slowly will also help you get used to the swing. I hit a two handed backhand and wanted to learn a one handed but i gave up because i could never get used to the swing...now i wish that i had learned to hit a one handed from the beginning.:-|

Tikiman53
08-26-2006, 09:00 PM
Maybe you should try getting a private lesson or two from a good teacher in your area. They can definitely help. Try going here: http://usptafindapro.com/index.cfm/CFID/7462751/CFTOKEN/79982559/MenuItemID/654/MenuGroup/Find%2Da%2DPro.htm

type in your zip and state and a list of teachers in your area will pop up. I;d recommend putting it at least 10 so you get a good list.