PDA

View Full Version : Radar Guns

R-Fed
08-27-2006, 04:44 AM
I am interested in getting a radar gun. I have looked at both the bushnell and the speedtrac. I kinda like the speedtrac because of the ability to be used by one person and the capibility to reach speeds of 150 mph but am not sure of it's "accuracy" or closeness there of because of it being so far away behind the net (39 feet). Then again the bushnell says tennis balls up to 110 mph but race cars up to 200 mph and its reach is about 60 feet.

Has any one compared either one of these radar guns to a police radar gun or something of that nature? Which one do you suggest is the better gun. Is there another radar gun like the speedtrac?

Thanks in advance

tennis-skater
08-27-2006, 06:22 AM
i wish i could get one there so expensive

Midlife crisis
08-27-2006, 08:12 PM
I am interested in getting a radar gun. I have looked at both the bushnell and the speedtrac. I kinda like the speedtrac because of the ability to be used by one person and the capibility to reach speeds of 150 mph but am not sure of it's "accuracy" or closeness there of because of it being so far away behind the net (39 feet). Then again the bushnell says tennis balls up to 110 mph but race cars up to 200 mph and its reach is about 60 feet.

Has any one compared either one of these radar guns to a police radar gun or something of that nature? Which one do you suggest is the better gun. Is there another radar gun like the speedtrac?

Thanks in advance

My son was involved with Little League baseball for several years, and one of the coaches had a Bushnell gun that I've borrowed a few times to use for tennis. I don't know the exact model, but we've used it to measure speed of serve and it seems pretty darned accurate. I've seen that gun read a serve up to the lower 120's MPH from the opposite side of the court at the net, and it has proven to be at least very repeatable if not absolutely accurate.