PDA

View Full Version : stencil ink?

vamosrafa15
08-27-2006, 01:19 PM
i am sponsored by wilson and i am required to stencil my racquets but everytime i do the ink always comes off of the racquet and onto the ball. i was at a national open last month and the referee said that i could be penalized. he said there is a ink that does not come off. anyone know about that.

thursdayisgod
08-27-2006, 04:10 PM
Try a red Sharpee

dancraig
08-27-2006, 08:47 PM
There is a special stencil ink made for polyester string. I think it is called Wilson Poly Ink or Wilson Super Ink.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageAC-ALLINK.html

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=29161

diredesire
08-27-2006, 11:18 PM
There is a special stencil ink made for polyester string. I think it is called Wilson Poly Ink or Wilson Super Ink.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/descpageAC-ALLINK.html

http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=29161

I recently purchased some, and it doesn't work as well as one would hope ;)

As far as the penalty, I don't see why that would be a problem. You should ask the ref next time what kind of rule it violates.

TaintedWisdom
08-27-2006, 11:22 PM
so wait, the sharpie is a better method than the actualy stencil ink?

thursdayisgod
08-28-2006, 09:25 AM
No, I was kidding. Sharpee's are terrible and I've heard they eat through some strings too.

Will888
10-19-2006, 08:20 PM
Hey, I decided to make this thread alive again so I didn't have to make another pointless one. So I have a question! Is there a very high quality stencil Ink that won't flake off after 30 minutes of hitting?? because mine just doesn't last. It's the gamma ones and some other company. But is there a really good quality ink that a company makes?

kchau
10-19-2006, 08:21 PM
from my experience, the tw unbranded stencil ink, and the gamma stencil ink are better than the other brands such as head dunlop and yonex.

Will888
10-19-2006, 08:30 PM
from my experience, the tw unbranded stencil ink, and the gamma stencil ink are better than the other brands such as head dunlop and yonex.

do they paint the tennis ball fast like the ones I use? Is it more tacky or plain? I notice the tackier ink gets on the ball more, until there is no stencil left.

kchau
10-19-2006, 08:36 PM
do they paint the tennis ball fast like the ones I use? Is it more tacky or plain? I notice the tackier ink gets on the ball more, until there is no stencil left.

i actually have a babolat, so they dont really paint the ball, but i use to have a prince racquet, and they were pretty good on the ball, they stayed on bettery, they are actually thicker, but they dry shiny, unlike dunop, where it dries matte.

Will888
10-19-2006, 08:43 PM
i actually have a babolat, so they dont really paint the ball, but i use to have a prince racquet, and they were pretty good on the ball, they stayed on bettery, they are actually thicker, but they dry shiny, unlike dunop, where it dries matte.

really? I didn't know babolat made ink. Does the dunlop stick to the ball too?
And is the gamma better than the babolat?

kchau
10-19-2006, 08:57 PM
really? I didn't know babolat made ink. Does the dunlop stick to the ball too?
And is the gamma better than the babolat?

i meant i have a babolat racquet, i dont think babolat makes ink lol.

Will888
10-19-2006, 09:04 PM
i meant i have a babolat racquet, i dont think babolat makes ink lol.

O! lol! I thought you were saying they had stencil ink oops!:p

But it shouldn't matter what racquet you use, it matters what strings you use probably. What strings did you use then?

kchau
10-19-2006, 09:05 PM
O! lol! I thought you were saying they had stencil ink oops!:p

But it shouldn't matter what racquet you use, it matters what strings you use probably. What strings did you use then?

i use everything, i notice that it flakes off on poly's and natural gut, but stays well put on most synthetic strings.

the wilson is supposed to be really sticky and thick, making it stick to polys better.

but the babolat lines dont really get in the way with my contact.

Will888
10-19-2006, 09:15 PM
i use everything, i notice that it flakes off on poly's and natural gut, but stays well put on most synthetic strings.

the wilson is supposed to be really sticky and thick, making it stick to polys better.

but the babolat lines dont really get in the way with my contact.

yeah i have noticed that too. Ink on the babolat hurricane does not last long at all, probably one hitting session and it's gone. I used it on synthetic gut and it lasts the whole time until the strings break. I wonder how the pros make the ink on the poly strings stick so long?

kchau
10-19-2006, 09:22 PM
maybe they use like spraypaint, like ive noticed factory strugn racquets tha tare stenciled have like extra thick and hard stenciling

Will888
10-19-2006, 09:28 PM
yeah the factory strung racquet so seem like they have extra layers. I saw Hingis in the tennis magazine and her stencil on her racquet looked exactly like factory made strings. it had no wear or anything, just perfect. I want my stings to be just like that.