PDA

View Full Version : Pro Staff 7.5

fresnel
08-27-2006, 08:02 PM
Hi there, this is my first post with the forums, i've been enjoying reading the great info and gossip as well as the occassional fight.

I was wondering if anyone could help me look for a racquet that plays similar to the old Wilson Pro Staff 7.5, the one Steffi Graf played with.

I only hit with it once and I remember it had a nice feel to it, then I stopped playing tennis for seven years and recently started again, I'm using the fed 90 ( tough little racquet to minitially master but I'm loving it now ) but I was wondering of any of the modern racquets had similar specs or qualities to that old 7.5. Thanks:)

FitzRoy
08-27-2006, 09:35 PM
Hi there, this is my first post with the forums, i've been enjoying reading the great info and gossip as well as the occassional fight.

I was wondering if anyone could help me look for a racquet that plays similar to the old Wilson Pro Staff 7.5, the one Steffi Graf played with.

I only hit with it once and I remember it had a nice feel to it, then I stopped playing tennis for seven years and recently started again, I'm using the fed 90 ( tough little racquet to minitially master but I'm loving it now ) but I was wondering of any of the modern racquets had similar specs or qualities to that old 7.5. Thanks:)

Haha, I played with the PS 7.5 during one of my years of high school tennis. My best friend had one also, and I gave mine to him when I switched to the PS 6.0 95. Unfortunately I don't remember the specs on the PS 7.5, since that was back when I didn't know much about racquets and only used that one on my coach's suggestion. I'm going to look for info on it though, because after reading you're post I'm now curious about the racquet myself. ;)

boxingguy
08-27-2006, 10:00 PM
According to www.racquetresearch.com the PS 7.5 was 12 oz. and 12.7 pts head light. Try Volkl DNX 10 mid.

fresnel
08-28-2006, 04:39 AM
Thanks for the responses so far, but i think this racquet wasn't very popular, don't know why it felt great and i liked it more than the 6.1.

At the time i bought a revelation 200g before i tried the 7.5. Too bad, the 7.5 was better.