PDA

View Full Version : US Open Parking ?

Back210s
08-28-2006, 08:21 AM
Just wondering if anyone happens to know if parking will be available this year(week) at the lot right near
the Willets Pt - Shea Stadium subway stop? This the lot that the boardwalk to the USTA Tennis Center
passes over.

I parked there in the past but the US Open site makes no mention of parking in this lot. Is it part of the
construction mess caused by the new Shea Stadium? I think this lot is also used for Shea Stadium events.

Can any locals (or visitor surfing the net during the rain delay):mrgreen: answer this?

p0w3r
08-28-2006, 12:08 PM
Just wondering if anyone happens to know if parking will be available this year(week) at the lot right near
the Willets Pt - Shea Stadium subway stop? This the lot that the boardwalk to the USTA Tennis Center
passes over.

I parked there in the past but the US Open site makes no mention of parking in this lot. Is it part of the
construction mess caused by the new Shea Stadium? I think this lot is also used for Shea Stadium events.

Can any locals (or visitor surfing the net during the rain delay):mrgreen: answer this?
I was around there over the summer and as of then, there was no construction on the parking lot and they were open...dont know about now however:neutral:

oddy
08-28-2006, 05:11 PM
from what i saw, the parking lot was open today.

El Diablo
08-28-2006, 06:20 PM
Some excavation has begun for the new stadium, so a part but not most of the stadium parking has been lost.

Rickson
08-28-2006, 07:28 PM
passes over.

Do me a favor and take the 7 train. I get so annoyed at fans who drive their cars to FMP instead of taking the 7 because they jam up the Van Wyck and the GCP for those of us who travel for legitimate reasons (work).

dubsplayer
08-29-2006, 06:13 AM
Not everyone who goes to the Open lives in NYC so the #7 isn't always an option. I always park at the lot the boardwalk goes over so would appreciate knowing if it's still open too.

Supernatural_Serve
08-29-2006, 06:19 AM
make sure there isn't a baseball game at Shea stadium the day you attend the Open. You can park at Shea or park on the other side of the tennis complex about 300 yards or so from the world's fair giant "globe" thing. Its a huge field with several parking areas.

I wouldn't venture off in to Korea town in Flushing surrounding the facility but there are parking garages there, outdoor public lots, street parking (difficult)and a good 1 to 2 mile walk is ahead of you.

Rickson
08-29-2006, 01:16 PM
Here's a tip from a true New Yorker. If you really want to drive to the Open, go to College Point Blvd. and check the side streets for parking. CPB is where the entrance to FMP is and you'd have to walk about half a mile from there, but you'll find that it's a lot easier than struggling with a load of cars for parking. The actor, Franky G, lives on one of the side streets near FMP.