PDA

View Full Version : Differences Between Overgrip Colors

thursdayisgod
08-28-2006, 12:28 PM
I've heard rumors on the effects of color and overgrip. What is your experience with same grips different colors? Or even extremely similiar grips and different colors? Thanks. -Ricky

vinnier6
08-28-2006, 02:04 PM
wilson pro overgrips are the same when it comes to green and white...

Verbal_Kint
08-29-2006, 11:57 AM
I've tried a lot of Supergrap colours.
White fels a little wet, black extremely dry, blue is in between.
Yellow feels different altogether, more spongy.

tennistim777
08-29-2006, 07:30 PM
I've used Prince Dura Tac in several different colors and have never noticed any difference. JMO. Thanks.

thursdayisgod
08-30-2006, 08:02 AM
I was specifically looking at the Yonex grip actually, so black would be the tackiest?

Nblade
08-30-2006, 01:26 PM
as if different colours of the grips affect how they feel!!!

Verbal_Kint
08-30-2006, 01:33 PM
Nblade, buy a pack of white supergrap and one of black supergrap. Try them out and then tell me you don't feel a difference.

Thursdayisgod, try the yellow ones.

Nblade
08-30-2006, 01:35 PM
ok then verbal_kint i will do then i will report back to you. with my findings.

zhan
08-30-2006, 02:21 PM
Nblade, buy a pack of white supergrap and one of black supergrap. Try them out and then tell me you don't feel a difference.

Thursdayisgod, try the yellow ones.

r u serious?
why doesnt the manufacture lable it?

Nblade
08-30-2006, 11:42 PM
tried them both, cant really tell that much of a difference, and zhan is right if there is a difference of feel with different colours why dont they mark it on the pack of grips before they are purchased.

Nadal46
08-31-2006, 02:02 AM
I proved vs overgrip original black and white, the white is more durable!

Nadal46
08-31-2006, 02:03 AM
Sorry I do a strange thing...

Flexxed
08-31-2006, 04:14 AM
Verbal_Kint is right. The white and black supergraps feel different. The black version is the least tacky. The reason they don't market them different is because they are made exactly the same except the white supergrap has no dye. Some of the lighter colors don't affect the feel of the overgrip as much. This is probably why wilson only made light colored pro overgrips. Nblade, I'm thinking that you really didn't try both grips or you just lied because you didn't want to be wrong. You're giving thursdayisgod wrong info.

Nuke
08-31-2006, 04:57 AM
I've always wondered the same thing about strings -- does the addition of dye change the characteristics? I used to used mostly Prince syn duraflex, and I could swear it plays a bit differently is some colors. But maybe it's just a psychological thing.

zhan
08-31-2006, 07:51 AM
Verbal_Kint is right. The white and black supergraps feel different. The black version is the least tacky. The reason they don't market them different is because they are made exactly the same except the white supergrap has no dye. Some of the lighter colors don't affect the feel of the overgrip as much. This is probably why wilson only made light colored pro overgrips. Nblade, I'm thinking that you really didn't try both grips or you just lied because you didn't want to be wrong. You're giving thursdayisgod wrong info.

so you are saying that overgrip neutral color is white then they dye it to different color variants?

aidenous
09-01-2006, 04:19 AM
I thought it was just me at first but I do notice a slight difference. The white still feels the best. I also think that's why Wilson didn't come out with colors for so long and when they did they were light colors.