PDA

View Full Version : which is better for placement 1bh or 2bh?

TENNIS_99
08-28-2006, 04:18 PM
I use 2bh not much for placement, it's always power to either corners. when I need placement I would go to my BH slicer. I can hit almost everywhere I want, xcourt,DL ,or choking down to front court. To guys with experience with both 1bh and 2 bh or coaches out there, is it by nature 1BH is better at placement? thanks,

Kevo
08-28-2006, 04:24 PM
No. Neither is better for placement. It's just which one you can hit the best. I would say that a two hander is typically much better for lobs, but otherwise they are basically limited by your own skill at your particular backhand. The one handed slice is definitely something every two handed player should add to their arsenal though.

Rickson
08-28-2006, 04:28 PM
I use 2bh not much for placement, it's always power to either corners. when I need placement I would go to my BH slicer. I can hit almost everywhere I want, xcourt,DL ,or choking down to front court. To guys with experience with both 1bh and 2 bh or coaches out there, is it by nature 1BH is better at placement? thanks,
Neither is better than the other for placement as it depends on the player. I am a former 2 hander and I place better with the 1 hander, but only because I've grown accustomed to it. It's the practitioner and not the style.

TENNIS_99
08-28-2006, 04:32 PM
No. Neither is better for placement. It's just which one you can hit the best. I would say that a two hander is typically much better for lobs, but otherwise they are basically limited by your own skill at your particular backhand. The one handed slice is definitely something every two handed player should add to their arsenal though.

hmm, funny I am actually better using 1 BH for lobs, maybe has something to do with I used to play 1BH. I have better controls with 1 BH for lobs,slice but never prevail in drives.