PDA

View Full Version : if federer and nadal switched their racquets in a match... who will win?

tennisfanatic
08-28-2006, 07:05 PM
just a thought...haha.. i can't imagine federer playing with babolat racquet and nadal playing wilson racket...

i'll go for fed though...:mrgreen:

spt
08-28-2006, 08:39 PM
The racket companies

Chang
08-28-2006, 09:14 PM
Federer, you can still hit Federer type shots with the BAbolat with a bit of control from Federer's side. Nadal hitting heavy topspin with a 90sq in Wilson, no way.

Davai
08-28-2006, 09:23 PM
Nadal. Fed's elbow will get blown away. At the same time Nadal will generate some pretty high moonballs.

andyroddick's mojo
08-29-2006, 12:47 AM
are you kidding me man??

nadal would lose so badly, he couldn't even find the sweetspot. first of all, nadal would hit maybe have his normal spin, so that totally messes up his game. second he'd be framing so many shots it might not even be funny. federer on the other hand gets more racket head speed, as well as a larger head which equals bigger sweetspot.

Tennis_Nickmo
08-29-2006, 01:01 AM
Federer would cream Nadal! Nadal wouldn't be able to deal with a 90sq/i head, and Feds power would just increase somewhat.

Nickswh
08-29-2006, 07:28 AM
Nadal. Fed's elbow will get blown away. At the same time Nadal will generate some pretty high moonballs.

thats a joke right? his elbow wouldnt get blown away... and nadal wouldnt hit one clean ball with federers racket. he wouldnt have the maneuvarability either or the spin and whip behind it. it would be bad

a guy
08-29-2006, 08:53 AM
LOL a professional tennis player, world number 2 wouldnt be able to find the sweatspot? Gimme a break!

DRtenniS1112
08-29-2006, 09:00 AM
LOL a professional tennis player, world number 2 wouldnt be able to find the sweatspot? Gimme a break!
No kidding. Nadal as well as almost all pros hits dead center 95% of the time, he would lose some power but he wouldn't be framing everything.

warreng
08-29-2006, 09:51 AM
I remember reading a spot about if Sampras and Agassi switched racquets in Tennis magazine. They claimed that Sampras would hit lots of errors long and that Agassi would mishit a tonne.

I always thought that was an absurd analysis because any pro should be able to use any racquet, nevermind a pro in the top 10.

Same arguement goes here.

I would think Nadal MIGHT lose a little pace and Federer MIGHT be forced to hit with a little more spin.

I'd bet the result would be the same as in real life though.

fx101
08-29-2006, 09:56 AM
Tough one because both racquets provide great control.

MasterTS
08-29-2006, 10:02 AM
A pro can use any racquet they want and probably won't lose much performance. Why do you think gasquet uses the LM Instinct and other players using O3 White, Roddick's PD+ etc... its about gettin the $$$$..

Hell I can use any racquet .. pick me a tweener or a 90 square inch head and I'll beat a player that I normally beat.. the racqute doesn't make the player..

Dolfan
08-29-2006, 10:24 AM
ROGER would win.

i.Radical
08-29-2006, 10:37 AM
Nadal would lose, Fed's racquet is tiny.

BiGGieStuFF
08-29-2006, 10:41 AM
nadal would win. his game is more relegated off of consistency. Once he finds the timing he'll just be content with getting the ball back while Fed tries to figure out how to get his amazing shots off with nadal's racket. Fed will hit some but his game is an attacking game and he'll have a bit more unforced errors going for his shot with the babolat.

Woudn't it be cool if they did that during an exhibition though? Nothing on the line. Just the number 1 and number 2 goofing off :)

Tchocky
08-29-2006, 11:42 AM
This is an excellent question....not really.

gb93433
08-29-2006, 12:07 PM
I am sure Federer would feel like he is playing with rubber bands for strings because of the softness in comparison.

onkystomper
08-30-2006, 02:15 PM
Federer no contest. The 90 sqi is just not suited to full western grip

mctennis
08-31-2006, 01:42 PM
I think with Babolat's you have a hard time finding your backhand. I've had more people complain about that when they demo a Babolat racquet.

chaz_233
08-31-2006, 09:19 PM
Federer would win. Not many people have good thing to say about that Wilson.

Brooklyn_bum
09-01-2006, 10:08 AM
Which surface?

darkaug
09-02-2006, 04:54 AM
well i guess it still boils down to pure skill . which you all know who has more.

RM05
09-03-2006, 11:55 PM
I believe that they both have the ability to adjust to new sticks, if time permits. Roger would also have to use a full poly string bed and Rafa will probably see an improvement in control and spin with Rogers hybrid setup. The only thing is that Rafa would probably snap all his strings before the match is over. As for Roger, he'd probably hit the ball long due to the power difference compared to his original racquet.

I'd say Rafa would win because he can use his battle cruisers to their full potential with the low powered racquet. We'd all be hearing KABOOMS all throughout their match! Nadal's athleticism would also play a big part in a match against Roger.

Nadal has beaten Roger on hard courts(nadal won 2 out of 3) and clay(undefeated on clay)...

Freedom
09-04-2006, 12:05 AM
Nadal has beaten Roger on hard courts(nadal won 2 out of 3) and clay(undefeated on clay)...

Not looking to start a fanboyist arguement, but if you're going to say that, you need to show every angle- Federer is undefeated on grass...

nViATi
09-04-2006, 12:05 AM
Federer no contest. The 90 sqi is just not suited to full western grip
Hey ever heard of Jim Courier?(and he used an 85)

RM05
09-04-2006, 05:55 PM
Not looking to start a fanboyist arguement, but if you're going to say that, you need to show every angle- Federer is undefeated on grass...

haha...thats true. *sigh* But Nadal did show signs of improvement on grass and it was only one grass court match where they've played each other. Nadal is young and still learning the game where as federer is probably about 4 years ahead interms of experience and still hasn't come up with a way to beat Nadal on certain courts. For Nadal to do this well against Roger isn't because of luck or the racquet, but mainly talent. Plus, I'm not really a fan of Nadal. Its just that Rafael's win statistics against Roger speaks for itself. I'm actually a fan of Richard and Fernando(lost to roddick..booo). :D