PDA

View Full Version : greatttttttt game

Lee James
07-26-2004, 09:34 PM
I haven't seen much on madden to date, but I did pick up nfl 2k5 and I must say it's an incredibly fun game. ESPN does such a great job for instance during halftime they have a halftime show where they show highlights from the first half, and also the same at the end of the game, they also do player interviews with the star of each game, given by suzy kolber of the espn staff. Also after each week you can watch an episode of espn for that week which shows you scores highlights and stats from each game of that week, as well as info on injuries around the league and upcoming draftees. The presentation value of this game is amazing. Also if you own an xbox you can import your own music into the game to be heard over the pa system of the stadiums. Just picture scoring a touchdown and hearing your fav. song play in the background. At this price this game is a virtual steal and I'd highly reccomend it to anyone. Over the net it's gotten ratings around the 9.4 area on a scale of 1 to 10 by respectable gaming mags. I'm sure madden will be cool, but nfl 2k5 in my opinion is dethroned madden this year as the best football sim available. Also gameplay is faster and player animations are a lot smoother than madden. It's an immersive experience, insanely comparable to watching a football game telecast on espn. So waste no more time and GO GET THIS GAME.

speedofpain88
07-26-2004, 10:32 PM
Sounds awesome, I've been meaning to check it out. I usually focus more on the basketball games, but this one sounds too good to pass up.

Aus Mosis
07-27-2004, 04:55 AM
You dont work for ESPN do you lee?

Lee James
07-27-2004, 03:07 PM
Of course not. I'm an 18 yr. old upcoming freshmen in college. Outside of eating cheerio's and watching cartoons, and also practicing tennis around mid day, the rest of my time is devoted to women and videogames. Besides I doubt any tennis player would wanna work for espn given their coverage of tennis events, although Wimbledon showed improvement.

ibemadskillzz
07-27-2004, 05:35 PM
hi lee,
How do I put my own songs in the game? Do I have to have Xbox live? And can I have a review on Top spin, if you have that game because you're a great reporter. And Also, what do think of Xbox system compared to PS2 system, what are attributes are great? Please answer all the questions thoroughly, there's a total of 4.
thanks a bunch

Lee James
07-27-2004, 05:53 PM
Ok let me start off with the first question. In order to put your own songs in the game you do not have to have xbox live. Before you even put the game into your system you simply put in your favorite cd. Select the option to save your fav. song to your hard drive. After doing this you put the game in and go to the features section. From that point you just pick the stadium music option and then it lets you select as many tracks that are saved on your xbox as you would like to have in your game. Then you edit where you want the track to start and stop and voila!!!! Also I do have Topspin. No xbox collection is complete without it, besides it's one of the main reasons as to why I traded my gamecube away for an xbox. Topspin is kinda reminiscent of the old virtua tennis games that used to be on the dreamcast. It's a lot of fun to play although I've yet to try online play. At first it's kinda difficult because it's not the type of game that you can just hit flat balls anywhere and end up with winners, you really have to strategize and use all of the shots. The game has seperate buttons for slice, topspin, flat, and lob shots, so it really gives you a lot of options. It's amazing how rewarding it feels to take on say Pete Sampras and have him come in behind an approach and zing a pass by him for a winner. Within a few months though even the hardest difficulty setting becomes childplay and you may feel the need to put it down and try out some new games. Again though, online play probably negates that problem by giving you more competition. You can also create players with hundreds of details at your disposal, and then enter them into various tournaments winning money and gaining pts. to increase your ranking. It's very fun to play though and you can really get into it as if you were really in the game playing the match yourself. I highly reccomend this game as well, and with the price down it's another steal. The xbox in my opinion might not be leagues above the playstation 2, but it's a great system within its own rights. Really I think it depends on what you would like to get out of your system. The xbox is more powerful according to the stat sheets from both machines. Another advantage the xbox has is the ability to store music, as well as the ability to store saves from games. It has a massive hard drive that equals out to you not having to buy any memory cards which is a big plus. The music storing is especially intriguing because you can import it into games. The one thing the playstation does well though is that it has the largest library of games. Although all of those might not be quality titles. The xbox has a lot of good titles especially in the sports genre but again, most of those are cross platformed. Generally speaking though, the graphic content is better with an xbox. It just depends on the type of games you like. If you're into sports and action then I suggest an xbox. If you're a hardcore gamer then the gamecube is the best for you because of the quality titles nintendo pumps out, and if you like lots of fighting games, driving games, and movie spin offs then the playstation 2 is right up your alley. I hope that covers all of the bases.

ibemadskillzz
07-27-2004, 06:58 PM
thanks for your time. I enjoyed it. I have few more questions.
1. Do you have a PS2?
2. Have you played or have Smash court tennis 2?
3. would you buy both games to have a variety, or would you just stick with Top Spin to save money and because others games can't even compare with it?

dantyem108
07-28-2004, 10:50 PM
"If you're a hardcore gamer then the gamecube is the best for you because of the quality titles nintendo pumps out".

LOL, I did not just read that. No comment needed