PDA

View Full Version : Tennis in Puerto Vallarta

HookEmJeff
08-29-2006, 03:50 PM
Hey everyone. I will be vacationing in Puerto Vallarta from Sept. 23-29, and I was curious what the tennis was like, and where to go to get a game there.

I'd like to play maybe a couple of times while I am there, and I was wondering what options I might have.

Jeff

travlerajm
08-29-2006, 04:07 PM
Hey everyone. I will be vacationing in Puerto Vallarta from Sept. 23-29, and I was curious what the tennis was like, and where to go to get a game there.

I'd like to play maybe a couple of times while I am there, and I was wondering what options I might have.

Jeff

I stayed at Marival in Nueva Vallarta for a wedding last year. It was easy to pick up matches by leaving your name at the pro shop. I suspect it's just as easy at any of the other "behemoth" resorts there. If you are staying somewhere small, it might be more difficult.

Beware that 7:00am is really the only time worth playing, because during the day it's so hot and humid that the racquet will slip out of your hand.

HookEmJeff
08-29-2006, 04:10 PM
I stayed at Marival in Nueva Vallarta for a wedding last year. It was easy to pick up matches by leaving your name at the pro shop. I suspect it's just as easy at any of the other "behemoth" resorts there. If you are staying somewhere small, it might be more difficult.

Beware that 7:00am is really the only time worth playing, because during the day it's so hot and humid that the racquet will slip out of your hand.

Thanks for the info. I grew up and have lived in Texas most of my life, so playing in hot weather is not an issue.

Jeff

agjourdan
09-01-2006, 06:52 AM
Try Canto del Sol Resort, you can go there and get some matches, they have red clay & indoor courts that will become handy in case of a hot and humid day.