PDA

View Full Version : Money aside...

Duzza
08-30-2006, 12:58 AM
Do you think that Andre's move to Adidas was good for the end of his career was good or bad? I personally would have liked to have seen him finish a great life in Nike.

Gabs011
08-30-2006, 09:18 AM
Totally agree with you..... its a shame that he was one of the, if not THE pioneer, in making Nike tennis clothing so popular. Nike wouldn't be were they are today in tennis if it was not for Agassi. He was a tremendous ambassador for them.

In addition, I think Nike as a whole, outside of tennis, have a lot to thank Agassi for as his popularity transcended the boundaries of tennis made people want to wear Nike more in general not just in his sport.

Now I think he looks like a bit of an idiot in those stupid adidas ankle socks, which in my opinion look really bad with a tennis outfit for men. They look good on women tennis players though.

Why did he change in this first place. Was it for money or because of some other dispute?

maverick66
08-30-2006, 09:34 AM
does it really matter what he wears. if he thought changing clothes would affect him he wouldnt have changed . also the change i heard had something to do with adidas making a big donation to his school in las vegas.

Nuke
08-30-2006, 10:08 AM
TWhy did he change in this first place. Was it for money or because of some other dispute?
Gotta be the money. Why do ANY of the top pros wear the brand they wear?

LttlElvis
08-30-2006, 10:35 AM
It was definitely because of the money, but mainly money towards his charity. Much of his appearance fees over the last few years went to charities. Agassi has to be one of the most generous athletes and one of the few who consitantly donated throughout his career.

Not that it matters, but I too agree that it would have been nice for him to go out with the same brand, such as Jordan.

AR15
08-30-2006, 11:51 AM
I don't identify him with a brand, so I think it makes no difference.

McStud
08-30-2006, 12:09 PM
Well I think the reason why he switched was because Steffi is endorsed by Adidas. So Adidas wanted to do some joint stuff with Steffi and Andre.

Nblade
08-30-2006, 01:36 PM
i think that agassi in nike was definately unbeatable.

Duzza
08-30-2006, 10:30 PM
Yeah it was because of the money adidas were going to donate to his charity.