PDA

View Full Version : slide on hardcourt

ysi
08-30-2006, 08:54 AM
I'm able to slide on clay comfortably, but I can't do it on hardcourts. At the USO right now, Gael Monfils is sliding around like he's playing on clay.

Does anyone know of any special techniques for sliding on hardcourt that are different from sliding on clay? Do you think Monfils is wearing shoes with a hard outsole to help him slide?

Rickson
08-30-2006, 09:20 AM
I'm able to slide on clay comfortably, but I can't do it on hardcourts. At the USO right now, Gael Monfils is sliding around like he's playing on clay.

Does anyone know of any special techniques for sliding on hardcourt that are different from sliding on clay? Do you think Monfils is wearing shoes with a hard outsole to help him slide?
Don't practice sliding on hc, that's just a waste of time.

Supernatural_Serve
08-30-2006, 09:26 AM
Don't practice sliding on hc, that's just a waste of time.and a good way to get injured.

All of us slide occasionally on a hard court, maybe an inch or two. LOL

I certainly wouldn't try to do it. There's no upside and unlimited downside.

Kobble
08-30-2006, 10:16 AM
I know Monfils is getting plenty of attention for court coverage, but I still don't think he is the best at it. Ivanisevic used to slide on everything, and he is not known for the best coverage. Monfils' sliding is mostly show. Pay attention to what Hewitt, Federer and Nadal do.

fx101
08-30-2006, 10:18 AM
How can you even slide on Hardcourt? Better yet, why would you want to slide on a fast surface?

Nickswh
08-30-2006, 10:40 AM
How can you even slide on Hardcourt? Better yet, why would you want to slide on a fast surface?

its not like you would want to. but when you get enough speed going and you barely get to a ball, its not hard to slide. and if you get to a ball then try to stop yourself, sliding is easy. also depends if the courts are a little slicker than others.