PDA

View Full Version : Saddlebrook

dempsey
08-30-2006, 12:04 PM
For those who have gone to Saddlebrook, are there any pros you reccomend or don't reccomend on their roster? below is a list. This will help me decide the best days of the week to attend. Thanks in advance.

Pascal Collard
Lance Bornmann
Randy Brooke
Lee Cowan
Rick Crockett
Derek Damico
Ali Farook
Marq Foster
John Fritts
Matt Holsopple
Curtis Ingram
Donny Jurak
Tai Lam
Joe Lang
Fabio Lyra
Mark Magone
Juan Carlos Maple
Carl McCafferty
Rene Moller
Gurav Mulhotra
Stephen Poulos
Sasha Rosten
Hayato Sakurai
Tony Shibusawa
Alex Shubianok
Julian Tejada
Sergio Tejada
Nona Wagh

TrueAce
08-30-2006, 07:45 PM
Tai Lamb......awesome

dempsey
08-31-2006, 01:01 PM
Thanks. How did he help you?

dempsey
09-03-2006, 11:48 PM
Thanks! great help.

GRANITECHIEF
09-08-2006, 12:27 PM
I would highly recommend Randy Brooke. He was awesome, could feed any type of ball, very informative on technique optimization. He used to be a helicopter pilot in Nam and actually got shot down behind enemy lines. Great stories, nice guy, good coach.

10S_Playr
09-09-2006, 05:27 PM
I'd also recommend Randy - I had a good workout with him last year. When I was back this year I worked with Pete Stecher (not on your list, I think he works there part time) - ran me hard and really makes you think about what you should be doing and why.

derinho
11-24-2006, 07:51 AM
what about Derek? I heard he was the most passionate coach out there?

Rafa's best friend
11-24-2006, 07:52 AM
Which Woman Pro is the HOttest of the hotties???

derinho
11-27-2006, 06:49 AM
nona is so @#$%$& hot!!!!

tennis-skater
11-27-2006, 04:13 PM
right now its beautiful in tampa(i live there) its about 75 no wind and no humidity we dont have anymore humidity for a few months

Rafa's best friend
11-27-2006, 04:15 PM

Nona Wahg, what kind of name is that ?? Is she white or Hawaiann?? And did she play tour tennis ?? and what does she look like ???:p

SoBad
11-27-2006, 05:18 PM
Nona Wahg, what kind of name is that ?? Is she white or Hawaiann?? And did she play tour tennis ?? and what does she look like ???:p

That's probably a misspelling - they are probably talking about Nina Wang. There have been rumours that after the Chinachem case was settled, she pocketed a nice sum and retired in Florida, teaching some tennis on the side:

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2005/09/18/ninawang_wideweb__430x299.jpg

Rafa's best friend
11-27-2006, 05:20 PM
That's probably a misspelling - they are probably talking about Nina Wang. There have been rumours that after the Chinachem case was settled, she pocketed a nice sum and retired in Florida, teaching some tennis on the side:

http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2005/09/18/ninawang_wideweb__430x299.jpg

This is not her pic first of all and Nina wang is NOT a tennis pro and Saddlebrook would never tarnish their rep by hiring her..........:p

SoBad
11-27-2006, 05:29 PM
This is not her pic first of all and Nina wang is NOT a tennis pro and Saddlebrook would never tarnish their rep by hiring her..........:p

Your comments only show your poor knowledge of the pro tour and tennis academies. Have a better look, she has less make-up here:

http://images.43things.com/place/177634xl.jpg

derinho
11-29-2006, 01:17 PM
dudes! a bit o respek. she's indian. nona, that is.

derinho
11-29-2006, 01:20 PM
anyone who would like a better tennis coach than anyone at saddlebrook in the tampa area. reply bck

Dunlopkid
11-30-2006, 03:26 PM
Wow, Saddlebrook has a bunch of pros.

Joe Average
11-30-2006, 07:13 PM
Do these pros work with both juniors and adults?

Rafa's best friend
11-30-2006, 07:20 PM
dudes! a bit o respek. she's indian. nona, that is.

She is Mongolian, she is the long lost sister of Gingis Khan.............;)

goober
12-02-2006, 10:40 AM
Are there enough things to do at Saddlebrook for nontennis spouse and kids?

GRANITECHIEF
12-05-2006, 03:18 PM
Golf if huge at Saddlebrook. Also, they have the super pool (which is super), workout facilities, fabulous dining, a cool bar/restaurant and i even heard you can learn aligator wrestling, which can come in handy when you hit a ball over the fence and it lands near one of the many water bodies on the golf course.

Kid Carlos
12-13-2006, 04:25 PM
Im planing on going next Friday, for 5-6 to train, do the adult clinic usually have good players, Im a 5.5 player, so I hope thier are some good juniors to hit with.

topspinmonkey5
09-21-2008, 06:17 PM
I am going in a few weeks and am a 4.5. Can anyone recommend a coach? A lot of those names are not on the website.

Does alvaro work with adults, or only kids?

Racquet Man
09-23-2008, 11:26 AM

Nona is wonderful. She administers the adult program. She's a sweety. She was a very good junior player. She'll go the extra mile to make sure your tennis needs are taken care of.

All the pros are great-the full time and part time. Besides the instructors they also have roving hitting partners that will grab you for an hour and kick your butt-shout out to Oscar if your reading thses posts-great guy.

As well, the director, Howard Moore hits with many of the participants. I assure you-whether you are a 2.0 or a 5.5, you'll be matched up with someone who will run you, hit you; smash you into submission 5 hours a day. It was the best 4 days I have spent on the tennis courts.

For the person inquiring whether there was anything to do for non tennis playing spouses: The answer is Yes. There is a beautiful pool, great spas, great gym (too bad Pat Echeberry is leaving for Heninís 6th Sense Tennis Academy however), and close to Tampa for all your shopping needs.

Another benefit is you have a great chance to end up hitting next to James Blake, Mardy Fish, Jennifer Capriatti, Martina Hingis and any number of other current or former pros training out of there. Enjoy yourself! I can't wait to go back

(and this is a paid commercial........nah, I'm just kidding:)

Kick_It
09-24-2008, 07:43 PM
I've gone 2 out of the last 3 years for at least 3 days / stay. A couple recommendations:

1) I got alot out of working with Carl (in 06) and Andre (in 07) and recommend both though didn't get either of their last names. The staff is fantastic. They get lots of college or former college players to train/coach there. Howard is an outstanding guy.

2) Make sure you hydrate yourself before you get there, or day 1 "aka Break-in day" can be painful. Fitness makes a huge difference too. Once you get there - they'll go over how to properly hydrate for conditions if that is new to you.

3) It is convenient to have a rental car to go to the local grocery store (?Publix) less than 5 minutes away. I enjoyed the Italian restaurant in the same strip-mall more than the on-site food options - for variety and price.

4) It is a decent place for others - especially those who like Golf or would enjoy a pool. However the condo/resort facilities strike me as 1970s era instead of anything modern.

Have Fun! K_I

starsin47
10-04-2008, 03:16 PM
I have been to SB 2X and will go again. I like it in summer when you really have to push yourself through the heat/humidity.

My suggestions are :
Beau Jones: She kept me on the court even after the lesson/clinics were over as she said "until you get it right, we are staying here"!

Ed Danzek: Tough. pushes you hard, and really puts emphasis on being positive, does not let you get by with any negative words, etc.

John Fritts: Very good on fundamentals, made small changes in my serve that made a big difference.

Martin Parkes: Maybe better suited for Jrs., but works on the mental side and can really analyze your game giving you feedback on what you need to focus on to improve. Very straightforward and honest assessment of your game.

saqdeez
03-04-2010, 09:00 PM
I read somewhere that better coaches are there on weekends vs weekdays, any truth to that?

saqdeez
03-04-2010, 09:04 PM
also how often does it rain in spring/summer