PDA

View Full Version : More power from 2hbh

Narcissist
08-30-2006, 01:00 PM
I hit most of my winners with my 2hbh backhand and I usually step around my forehand on short balls so I can hit it (a bit like hingis used to). It is also a much more consistent shot for me.

Despite my success with it Id like to get closer to the power I get with my forehand - any tips?

Pics of the pros seem to indicate that they lay the racquet back in the stroke like laying back the wrist on the forehand, like this

http://www.sania-mirza.in/photos/sania-mirza-77.jpg

Right now I hit with both wrists straight like hewitt since thsi was how I was taught. Should I try it?

brucie
08-30-2006, 01:02 PM
yep this is what i do and my 2hbh is pretty hard. i do it natural tho. just do watever you find natural i guess both work.

TennsDog
08-30-2006, 01:12 PM
Practice playing lefty and do some weight training with both arms. If you already have a good two-handed backhand, odds are you can pick up playing lefty in a relatively short time. If not, it means that you don't use your left arm enough on your backhands and playing lefty will really help develop the stroke. When I used two hands, my right arm did very little except to stabalize the racket and the left arm did almost all of the work of driving and adding topspin, which you also hear the commentators on TV mention quite often.