PDA

View Full Version : They're all wearing red and black Nike shirts...!

Tim Set Match
08-30-2006, 04:17 PM
Why did Pavel, Nadal, Blake, Wang and Monfils all wear red and black Nike shirts? Is it just a coincidence or did Nike get these guys to wear red and black for the first round?

Not that I really care about this, but it is interesting..!

Forehand Forever
08-30-2006, 04:49 PM
Moya also wore it, I was at the US Open today and he was wearing it as well. He was basically a righty nadal with his clothes except I don't think he had those pants Nadal wears.

Amone
08-30-2006, 04:52 PM
What about Fed, though? He wore... all blue.

exruda
08-30-2006, 04:53 PM
Fed is the only nike player to wear different, I guess

BreakPoint
08-30-2006, 05:20 PM
Nike gives its sponsored pros the clothes they want them to wear for each tournament. Looks like Nike is promoting their red and black line for the US Open. Pretty hidious looking if you ask me. Personally, I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that outfit.

Faber
08-30-2006, 05:25 PM
It's all about marketing, and you will notice something with Federer and Nike's promotion.

Roger's Cup Federer was wearing:

Black 10" Tactical Shorts
White Sphere Marco React shirt.
White Head band
White Double Wristband

US Open Federer is wearing:

White 10" Tactical Short
Blue Sphere Marco React shirt.
Blue Head band
White with blue stripe Double Wristband

The blue sphere macro react shirt color has not been released until today and Federer debut with it.

exruda
08-30-2006, 05:27 PM
strange, though, because it would seem that they shouldn't care if the players wear the same shirt in red or any other color (i just checked and they do have blue, black and white available for all models in the same line)???

i.Radical
08-30-2006, 05:27 PM
Haha I just noticed that Fed is the only one. Are they trying to make a statement or something? He's too good to wear red.

But yeah I was wondering why everyone was wearing red too. It's kind of getting boring and repetitive.

exruda
08-30-2006, 05:28 PM
The blue sphere macro react shirt color has not been released until today and Federer debut with it.
so i'd guess that fed has some kind of deal sying noone else wears what he does

Faber
08-30-2006, 05:31 PM
Well people can wear what he does, but when the new stuff comes out, you'll see it on him then it'll be out at the stores later.

I wouldn't be surprised if they make a black version of his shirt and debut it in a couple of months.

exruda
08-30-2006, 05:32 PM
i mean other players at the torunament, i don't recall them wearing what fed wears at any big event

Faber
08-30-2006, 07:29 PM
It appears that only Federer endorses specific shorts and shirts.

TaintedWisdom
08-30-2006, 11:46 PM
I think nadal was kicking *** with his clothes, the red reminds me of spains bull fights.

Vamos Rafa!

xtremerunnerars
08-31-2006, 10:53 AM
It's such a sweet nadal nike poster if you guys have seen it. I love the clothes, and definitely want to get them. Little costly, so possibly birthday presents. I want that black+blue bring the heat shirt as well.