PDA

View Full Version : Luxilon tension

Pr0DiGy
08-31-2006, 03:23 PM
ive read countless posts about how luxilon kills the arm, especially at higher tensions. i just got it strung at 60 lbs, and it feels great. no problems with the arm either. plenty of power and feel. i put it in my nsix-one 90. i play a baseline game, with a semiwestern forehand and a two handed backhand. heavy topspin on forehand, flat blackhand. any ideas why my arm isnt killing me now?

Lleyton Hewitt
08-31-2006, 03:43 PM
wait till tomorrow lol i got mine strung at 56 next day hurt but after i played next time it didnt hurt

BaseLineBash
08-31-2006, 04:24 PM
Everyone is different and they are stiff strings. That Being said I use ALU in my racquet from mid to mid-high tension and zero problems. I sometimes think people use poor set-ups such as wrong grip sizes, head-lightness, SW etc. and the Lux exposes this, but the string and it's tension are usually seen as the MAIN culprit. I think that's why there is an advisery to the public to string 10% lower than normal because they know most players use stock racquets.

monologuist
08-31-2006, 04:40 PM
I think ALU can bring on arm pain if it is strung too high...for me that includes tensions of 60lbs. and above...I use it at 50-57 lbs. with no problems...at high tensions it does shrink the sweetspot considerably, so if you are not a good ballstriker, you will feel the accumulation of many mishits eventually.

buder
08-31-2006, 05:23 PM
mechanics are probably more responsible for tendon issues, e.g., is your weight behind the ball or are you "arming" the ball? If your weight is behind the ball and you're playing with a solid frame, than your tendons should be safe. -however, once a tendon is injured, a stiff stringbed can make it worse.