PDA

View Full Version : new Nike outfit - like it or hate it?

wimble10
08-31-2006, 06:17 PM
what's up with these Michael Jackson Thriller outfits?

randomname
08-31-2006, 07:51 PM
what are you talking about?

Chang
09-01-2006, 01:59 AM
I think he means the red/black outfits like the colours of Michael Jackson jackets

War, Safin!
09-01-2006, 02:34 AM
Yeah - they're utter *****.

stalliondan
09-01-2006, 05:32 AM
they are awesome. They look mean and evil with the red and black. The material on most of the stuff is super crisp as well. Trust me, once you see it in person you will like it.

rayu89
09-01-2006, 05:50 AM
They don't look good

flymeng
09-01-2006, 06:47 AM
I can understand that attire designers have to use new colors and design to make them different and stand out. But some of the outfits look ridiculous and silly. Like those long loose baggy shorts and collarless shirts. I think you would look stupid if you wore these to play pro tennis 15 years ago. My all time favorite is adidas outfit which Henman was wearing a few years ago. It is simple, elegant and classic.

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper410/stills/sdbbxm43.jpg

Janne
09-01-2006, 07:11 AM
Hate them :P I´m more of a black/white/blue person :>

BreakPoint
09-01-2006, 07:46 AM
they are awesome. They look mean and evil with the red and black. The material on most of the stuff is super crisp as well. Trust me, once you see it in person you will like it.

If I saw it in person it would turn from red to green because I'd probably puke all over it. :( :rolleyes: :mrgreen:

War, Safin!
09-01-2006, 08:02 AM
they are awesome. They look mean and evil with the red and black.
What, you mean like Darth Maul or something? http://www.fightbeat.com/forums/images/smilies/jester.gif

skip1969
09-01-2006, 08:02 AM
i said this in another thread, but i just don't understand why nike is determined to make tennis players look like they're going out to play full-court basketball. i'm not against progress, and i know that fashions change . . . but i want to look like a baller when i'm hoopin' it up. and i want to look like a tennis stud when i go play tennis.

in an attempt to be hip and cool, tennis is losing its way a little, its identity. the key to being cool is not to try so hard.

Brooklyn_bum
09-01-2006, 09:45 AM
I agree with skip1969. It looks too much like basketball clothes.

The thing is all the kids are into Nike cause Nike has the money to do the big sponsorship & promotion. At the courts I play at I see no traditional tennis brands on the young players. All NIKE or Addidas.

Mr.Federer
09-01-2006, 11:31 AM
They look great.

wimble10
09-01-2006, 12:38 PM
maybe the theme of this year's Open is freak-fest

drakulie
09-01-2006, 01:09 PM
This is my favorite shirt of all time, but in the white version:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/drakulie/sampshirt.jpg

drakulie
09-01-2006, 01:11 PM
This gear ain't too shabby either:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v736/drakulie/pp1024_PeteSampras_g.jpg

Kid Carlos
09-02-2006, 01:34 PM
That Sampras stuff is so boring. The new nike stuff looks great, Im all about progress and Nike is innovative and they keep tennis fresh. Sampras was great but his clothes were utterly boring.

GrahamIsSuper
09-02-2006, 03:53 PM
Nike is just trying to progress tennis fashion. Tennis is notorious for the clean/crisp/rich look.... if anything, these clothes might be inspiring people to play. I guarantee you that people are more involved in tennis becuase of the fashion of today. If everyone on TV was wearing sweater vests still, kids wouldn't be very eager to say "Hey, I want to look like that, I need some sweaters". Tennis is more accessible, and definitely "fresh" due to the new clothes.

Red is an exciting color, and a color of passion. Nike also tailors its clothes to its endorsements, if you didn't notice. The clothes match the players' styles. Look at Fed, Monfils, and Nadal. They all have clothing that is their trademark, which matches their personalities. Tennis NEEDS distinct personalities, and clothing adds to it.

GrahamIsSuper
09-02-2006, 03:53 PM
Nike is just trying to progress tennis fashion. Tennis is notorious for the clean/crisp/rich look.... if anything, these clothes might be inspiring people to play. I guarantee you that people are more involved in tennis becuase of the fashion of today. If everyone on TV was wearing sweater vests still, kids wouldn't be very eager to say "Hey, I want to look like that, I need some sweaters". Tennis is more accessible, and definitely "fresh" due to the new clothes.

Red is an exciting color, and a color of passion. Nike also tailors its clothes to its endorsements, if you didn't notice. The clothes match the players' styles. Look at Fed, Monfils, and Nadal. They all have clothing that is their trademark, which matches their personalities. Tennis NEEDS distinct personalities, and clothing adds to it.

Faber
09-02-2006, 05:06 PM
I like Federer's apparel, as it fits my style. However, Nadal's clothing I would not personally wear.