PDA

View Full Version : Ball machine: Shotmaker Deluxe VS Tutor Tower Professional

Thunderace
09-01-2006, 03:54 PM
OK, I'm planning to buy either one of these ball machines.
Unfortunately where I live (Europe), the choice pretty much comes down to these 2 models.
I have seen the features and they look pretty similar: same max speed (135 km/h), same drills more or less (on program), the only visible difference is that the Tutor Tower weights 8 kg more... a tank. :)
There's also the Portable Spin machine by Wilson but it doesn't excite me as much (even though it's more portable and lighter).

So... what would you suggest? The Shotmaker Deluxe is pretty much a standard I know, but is a tad pricey, the Tower less expensive.
People who have had experience with one of those or both? Thanks for any kind of input.

6_lotus
09-01-2006, 11:22 PM
Both pretty much look like tanks to me :-) so I guess you are not looking for portability here.

Looking at specs and price, also both Shotmaker Deluxe and Tutor Tower Professional look like they are top of the line (lucky you), although the Shotmaker is quoted at twice the price of the Tutor on one UK site I just googled (£3,390.00 vs. £1,799.00). So I'd guess it comes down to how sensitive you are to the price difference.

In my case, I haven't pulled the trigger yet but am considering more portable(I think) and cheaper (I have to) models such as the Lobster Elite and the SAM range.

By the way, I too live in Europe and according to my Google searches there are a couple of stores (from US, UK, France, Spain, AU, etc) who will ship these models pretty much anywhere in the word.

nickybol
09-02-2006, 01:40 AM
OK, I'm planning to buy either one of these ball machines.
Unfortunately where I live (Europe), the choice pretty much comes down to these 2 models.
I have seen the features and they look pretty similar: same max speed (135 km/h), same drills more or less (on program), the only visible difference is that the Tutor Tower weights 8 kg more... a tank. :)
There's also the Portable Spin machine by Wilson but it doesn't excite me as much (even though it's more portable and lighter).

So... what would you suggest? The Shotmaker Deluxe is pretty much a standard I know, but is a tad pricey, the Tower less expensive.
People who have had experience with one of those or both? Thanks for any kind of input.
Why can`t you just order somewhere else and let it being shipped?

Thunderace
09-02-2006, 01:44 AM
Thanks for the answer 6_lotus. Yes, price is not an issue right now, that is, I will buy one of these very expensive ones (the Shotmaker would be a bloodshed I agree.....) and that's going to be FOREVER, so I'll better get an excellent one and that's the end of the story. :D

As for the stores, I'll be glad if you could share your searches with me, just send me a private message through this site (fair to TW who also sells some machines) with the links so I can check out by myself - thanks in advance. :)

Thunderace
09-02-2006, 01:48 AM
Why can`t you just order somewhere else and let it being shipped?
Because I have to see if the shipping costs don't exceed the final price. Don't forget that the customs often apply an extra additional charge as stuff enters, and the more expensive the goods, the higher the charge.
Also, for such a "delicate" and ultraheavy thing (the Shotmaker Deluxe is a computer basically) you never know what the shipping does being thrown from a country to the next, that is my main concern.