PDA

View Full Version : Manchurian Candidate

Swan Song
07-27-2004, 10:43 PM
Have any of you guys ever seen the original one with Frank Sinatra and Lawrence Harvey?

tennisozzy_new
07-27-2004, 10:56 PM
Yes. It's a good movie.

Phil
07-27-2004, 11:04 PM
Very good flick-can't imagine the "remake" as being nearly as good.

bcaz
07-27-2004, 11:20 PM
An assessment of a film that hasn't been released yet? Objective, eh? I watched a clean tape of the original 1962 version ten days ago. I plan to see the new version after its release. Regardless of whether you have seen the original or not, don't let your impressions be polluted by the prejudice of those who broadcast negative views without any basis. Ignore them.

Phil
07-27-2004, 11:48 PM
No, idiot, not an "assessment"-read my post again, especially the part that says "I can't IMAGINE", meaning roughly, in my IMMAGINATION-i.e. speculation, a guess, etc. that the original may be hard to top by a remake. And good for you that you watched a "clean tape". Unfortunately, I only saw the dirty version.

Edited: Your movie choices were pretty good overall-if you've actually seen those you listed, so I take it back-you're not an idiot-except for the one post that I am responding to. See, I'm a sweetie.

bcaz
07-28-2004, 12:10 AM
Thanks -- many of your picks were good, too. Yes, I've seen them all, and the very favorites, more than once.