- headband and wristbands
- elbow guard for tennis elbow prevention
- empty water bottle
- some pocket change for gatoraid

BSousa
07-28-2004, 12:43 AM
Two racquets
Small towel
Bottle of water (usually 75cl or for long matches 1.5L)
Extra overgrip
Can of balls
Elbow support
Change of clothes/shoes (if not going home straight afterwards)
Sunscreen
A couple books I tend to read while waiting for my usual late friends :)

But I use a backpack :)

Camilio Pascual
07-28-2004, 09:34 AM
I used to play with women college players and still play with a lot of women, so here are some unusual things in my big bag some of you studs might want to carry to accommodate the fairer sex:
1. Ponytail holders and barrets
2. Female "napkins", some female athletes still need them
3. A baseball hat (clean)
4. Fingernail clippers (also to cut strings on racquet)
5. Party hats...expiration date 6/98!!!!
6. Emery board

drakulie
07-28-2004, 10:02 AM
3 PS 85 racquets.
Tournagrip
nail clippers
cap
wrist bands
rubber bands
towels
etc.

thejerk
07-28-2004, 11:32 AM
testicles

dantyem108
07-28-2004, 09:36 PM
NOT THIS AGAIN. :idea: New question, what is in your refrigirator????? :shock: :wink:

Frodo Baggins
08-01-2004, 08:14 PM
Cam:Um I hope when you said napkins uh :oops: This is emberassing uh well I uh eeep :shock: you know hint hint :oops: :lol: I just hope you meant the food napkins :oops:

speedofpain88
08-01-2004, 11:05 PM
5 n90 rackets
Wilson Pro Overgrips
Clothes & Shoes
Hats (or visors)
Water Bottle
Balls
Towel(s)
Stencils
Pen & Notebook
String

And whatever else I happen to need or just have in there.

dantyem108
08-02-2004, 07:15 AM
4 n90's, your'e giving one to me, remember? :wink:

slice bh compliment
03-17-2008, 07:42 AM
http://www.atptennis.com/1/en/2008news/tursunov_blog3.asp

bag check: Cedric the chair umpire
Dmitry the entertainer

35ft6
03-17-2008, 08:07 AM
- 3 Dunlop 300g's.
- Chapstick with UV protection.
- Old balls.
- Some horrible Head over grips. White.
- Towel.
- Empty water bottles.
- A pen.
- Old Inside Tennis magazines.
- Elastic band for warming up shoulders when I remember to.

Dedans Penthouse
03-17-2008, 08:20 AM
What no self-respecting New Yorker should be without: www.blackandwhitecookies.com

black 'n whites~!

tzinc
03-17-2008, 08:22 AM
4 racquets
2 pairs of shoes
sunscreen
2 water bottles
1 can new balls
3 cans old balls
several #64 rubberbands
change of shirt
change of shorts
change of socks
towel

Geezer Guy
03-17-2008, 08:25 AM
So I'm the only one that carries Tylonal for my knee's,
and Potasium and Magnesium pills for when my calves start to cramp?

Dedans Penthouse
03-17-2008, 08:41 AM
Geezermeister,

this is (I'm serious) an old mother's (football) cure for whenever you feel a hint of cramps coming on--before they come full blown. Drink a small glass (5-6 oz.) of pickle brine. I'm serious. Pickle brine from pickles that DO NOT have sugar (e.g. "bread & butter" type pickles) and pickles that you'd find in the refrigerator section of the store (e.g. Vlassic). The brine contains not only the salt that you need but chloride as well. If you can stomach it, drinking it ... and giving it 15 minutes to get into your system will -- imho -- stave off cramps. There are some who'll say it's too sodium-rich, but it has worked for me. That said, I know pickle brine is not convenient when you're "out there" in a venue that doesn't have any food concession (e.g. a club), but no harm in putting it in a thermos. I think it works. Myself, I don't carry a jar of pickles in my tennis bag--least people would think I'm one of those pregnant-craving types. :-)

hyogen
03-17-2008, 09:09 AM
in my bag:

2 Pure storm tours
1 RDX500
will have 1 PT280

lots of tennis clothes--shirts, socks, shorts, boxers and several tees to change into after playing and I need to get into my car or after showering.

sweat bands, headbands, bandanas

a couple tennis elbow bands, wrist wrap, ankle brace, waterproof spongy bandaids that stick really well

deodorant, towel

balls

eye drops/saline solution for contacts.

oakley half jackets for doubles

overgrips, lead tape, dampeners

small leatherman - for cutting out strings when broken

lots of granola, energy bars,

digi cam

water bottle

hopefully some gatorade.

might get some knee bands...for when my knees are feeling a little vulnerable/hurting from all the shock of hard courts.

0d1n
03-17-2008, 09:11 AM
Old thread ... but what the heck .. :P
Currently :

- 3 Volkl Tour 10 gen I MP's
- 2 or 3 Vantage Customs
- one pair of Shoes (Feather II's or Barricade II's depending on surface)
- clothing
- a couple of cans of Dunlop Fort
- 2 Babolat leather grips
- a bunch of Yonex Supergrap white overgrips
- a bunch of vibration dampeners and rubber bands(although I don't usually use one with these rackets...I keep them for my opponents I guess :P)
- 1 solid deodorant
- 1 nail clipper or Victorinox Swiss Army knife for cutting strings
- some writs bands and some lead tape
- a few sets of strings.
- plenty of water

Geezer Guy
03-17-2008, 12:34 PM
Geezermeister,

this is (I'm serious) an old mother's (football) cure for whenever you feel a hint of cramps coming on--before they come full blown. Drink a small glass (5-6 oz.) of pickle brine. I'm serious. Pickle brine from pickles that DO NOT have sugar (e.g. "bread & butter" type pickles) and pickles that you'd find in the refrigerator section of the store (e.g. Vlassic). The brine contains not only the salt that you need but chloride as well. If you can stomach it, drinking it ... and giving it 15 minutes to get into your system will -- imho -- stave off cramps. There are some who'll say it's too sodium-rich, but it has worked for me. That said, I know pickle brine is not convenient when you're "out there" in a venue that doesn't have any food concession (e.g. a club), but no harm in putting it in a thermos. I think it works. Myself, I don't carry a jar of pickles in my tennis bag--least people would think I'm one of those pregnant-craving types. :-)

Thanks. I've heard about pickle juice before, but I've never had the stones to try it. I think I'd prefer the cramps!

little_e
03-17-2008, 12:39 PM
Pickle juice is a great hangover cure also.

HeadPrestige
03-17-2008, 01:00 PM
3 6.0 95s
Tourna grip xl reel
balls
other crap

matchpoint
03-17-2008, 01:11 PM
Geezermeister,

This is the reason why they invented gatorade :)

swimntennis
03-17-2008, 01:17 PM
This bag I don't know... Oh here's my watch that I lost last year.
Um, my sooper deegital camera? It takes pictures...

I joke. Seriously:

(1) Wilson [K] Four 105
(2) Wristbands
(1) Motorola RIZR
(2) Dollars
(3) Rubber Bands
(1) Pair of Shorts
(1) Pair of Glasses

YULitle
03-17-2008, 01:23 PM
N6-1 Tour (too much stick for me, I know. :))
Fischer Pro 1 FT
Two cans of balls
Two water bottles

357sig
03-17-2008, 08:27 PM
3 wilson 85s,2 cans balls , overgrips, sunblock, 357 sig model 229 stainless and an extra mag, sweatbands etc.

slice bh compliment
03-18-2008, 12:30 AM
Haaaa, 357 for tennis, where? Amid gangland violence?

My bag:
6 cans of balls, five sticks, four condoms, three nalgenes, two bottles of wine and a change of clothes.

Kidding. I'm married now.

That was just a play on the legendary line by Francis X. Shields years ago when asked how he managed to pack for such long tennis trips. Besides his tennis gear, he packed a pair of pajamas and a fifth of whiskey.

What's really in my bag?
3 cans of Dunlops, four frames, 5 wristbands, one pair of flipflops, a dwindling reel of Wilson Pro Overgrips, two Pacific hats, some cash, a pen and pad, two nalgenes, two pairs of socks and underwear, two Diadora tees and shorts. And one photo of my family, which helps me stop playing when it's time to get home for dinner/bath/bedtime reading.

chroix
03-18-2008, 07:30 AM
2 racquets
2 cans of balls
sweatbands
hat
phone
jump drive
ipod
dry t-shirt
jacket
various party supplies, because you never know...