PDA

View Full Version : how do you hit a kick serve?

nopiforyou
09-02-2006, 12:44 PM
Yes, I know there are plenty of topics on this kind of serve, but none seem to really go through the basics for a total beginner with this serve. I don't know how to hit a kick serve at all, so I could definitely use some help.

Frenchie
09-02-2006, 01:14 PM
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/showthread.php?t=34083
http://tennis.about.com/od/serve/l/aatwistserve.htm

Read those and get back to me.

LuckyR
09-04-2006, 11:13 AM
Yes, I know there are plenty of topics on this kind of serve, but none seem to really go through the basics for a total beginner with this serve. I don't know how to hit a kick serve at all, so I could definitely use some help.

How beginner are you talking about? What serves can you hit?

nopiforyou
09-04-2006, 12:07 PM
Okay yesterday I managed to hit one kick serve out of two just for fun serves before I have to leave the court. It was pretty cool (to me). It got some pace and a LITTLE bit of a drop and kick. Anyway, that was the first time I hit a kick serve. I can only hit a slice and a flat serve right now. My slice is also a bit of a problem, but not on this thread.

ceejay
09-04-2006, 12:14 PM
The only reliable serve I have at the moment is my kick serve, unfortunately. I toss the ball to 11 o'clock and try and cut across and over the ball severely when I serve. Practice and experimentation are your friends.

mahouFuji
09-04-2006, 12:37 PM
its not that hard but getting it fast is the problem, just hold the semi-eastern grip and brush up on the ball all the way to the top

nopiforyou
09-09-2006, 08:36 PM
I got a bunch of kick serves done against my dad today. But it could've wwwaaayyy better. I was sick for a week and haven't played tennis since mid August so I looked like a pusher on the court today. Anyway the kick serve was fun, but my dad owned me on the return more then once, because the kick serve wasn't really effective. Not a lot of kick and no speed. I'm on my way to greatness.