PDA

View Full Version : Problem

Young Gun
09-02-2006, 11:33 PM
i need advice guys, i get beaten by this guy i play and he beats me pretty easy, but last night i went into the match thinking holy ***** how can i get close 2 winning against this guy, please help me with some advice on how to be competitive against him, hes a sort of pusher who hits a lot of angles i really struggle against him and i freeze when i play him

w00gy
09-03-2006, 11:17 AM
Try to be as consistent as possible on every shot. He's probably manhandling you and showing you all area's of the court.

Basically try to hit deep on the groundies and try to find those corners. When you feel rushed or think you are losing control of the rally, go for and angled shot. And try to cut down on thos freaking UNFORCED ERRORS!! Imagine you're a pitbull like hewitt and bite into those rally. Never give up and rundown every shot.

andyroddick's mojo
09-03-2006, 11:26 AM
if he's a pusher, you gotta be consistent too. what you should try to do, to stop freezing up, is just go for all your shots in the first game and see how that works. If it puts pressure on him keep it going, if not then play more consistently. always work to make him hit one more extra ball.

Young Gun
09-04-2006, 01:04 AM
thanks fellas

emo5
09-04-2006, 01:39 AM
try hitting super moon balls?
these type of balls tend to hit the backfence after 1st bounce
when he gets used to it, start playing your normal shots and it will throw him off.
Or if thats not the case maybe you need to mix things up and put pressure on him by charging the net or making him come to the net with drop shots

fx101
09-04-2006, 07:36 AM
You can even try ocassional serve and volley as pushers are usually bad at hitting precise passing shots.

LuckyR
09-04-2006, 11:11 AM
I disagree. Your post said you "freeze" against him. Your problem is not shot selection, it's the all-too-common Mental Game. You need to unfreeze against this guy and play your own game. How? You know your personality a lot better than we do, but I'd start there...

mahouFuji
09-06-2006, 09:38 AM
well i played someone like that in a tournament about a month ago.... first set i got anihilated 1-6 but i kept my cool and came back wopn 2nd 6-2 and i won after that. just play smart, my advice is do wat i did, alternate with angled topspin and slice, deep and short balls, weak and hard shots