PDA

View Full Version : Bay Area San Francisco Instructors?

oray777
09-03-2006, 12:16 AM
Does anyone know of some really good tennis instructors in the San Francisco Bay Area? I need to work on my Groundstrokes. Looking to increase my level of play also. Thanks.

cak
09-03-2006, 08:48 AM
What level are you? Are you a junior player? And where do you live? San Francisco Bay Area is awfully big.

oray777
09-03-2006, 02:03 PM
I'm an adult. I'm in my 30's looking to improve my level from 3.5-4.0 to higher. Going to play in some tournaments later on if i can improve. Thanks.

cak
09-04-2006, 09:31 AM
I'm a 3.5 and I like my tennis pro, Chuck Fowler out of Saratoga Country Club. I started with him when coming back from tennis after 20 years, he took me from a 2.5 to a 3.5 (computer rating) in three years, and I think I'm still improving.

nk126
09-05-2006, 12:30 PM
I'm in Oakland and thinking it's time to take some lessons/clinics. I've heard really good things about Wendell Pierce, who teaches at a private club in Oakland - clinics are open to non-members, though.

http://wendellpierce.com/

One woman I met on some public courts referred to him as a "genius" of a teacher, and a few friends of mine also speak really highly of him. I think I'm going to try to get to one of his clinics if they're still going on ...

If you find anyone else in the East Bay, would you post here about them? Many thanks

nk

oray777
09-05-2006, 03:50 PM
I live in the West bay area. I did find some instructors over here and going to try out and see what they have to offer me. Sounds like a good teacher. I don't mind going to the east bay if he's a good instructor.