PDA

View Full Version : Finding a game in San Jose, CA

wmoore
09-03-2006, 06:11 PM
I spend a fair amount of time in SJ on business and would appreciate any suggestions for facilities where I might be able to get some help setting up a game.

I've been to Cuesta in Mt View - nice facility, but getting help setting up a game depends on who answers the phone. Once they were all to happy to help - the next time it was like I was wanting to sell them life insurance!

I can run up to the SF Tennis Club (I belong to an associate club in Dallas), they'll always find me a game - but it's kind of a haul up there.

Suggestions?

benh2023
09-13-2006, 07:43 PM
San Jose is centrally located in the Bay Area...lots of courts and clubs. I belong to the San Jose Swim and Racquet club and I know for a fact that if you are passing thru town you can connect with a clinic or a hit with the pro....I play there at least 3-4 times per week and would be glad to hook up...also the Sunnyvale tennis center is a great place to find a game...lots of courts....easy to pick up....as well as Backesto Park in San Jose.....drop me a line next time your in town.....I'll be away at the USTA Nationals in early Oct. otherwise, I'm always around....I have a pretty flexible schedule.....(I hate when work gets in the way of tennis)!!!! Ben.:)

MacBorg18
09-22-2006, 10:26 PM
I spend a fair amount of time in SJ on business and would appreciate any suggestions for facilities where I might be able to get some help setting up a game.

I've been to Cuesta in Mt View - nice facility, but getting help setting up a game depends on who answers the phone. Once they were all to happy to help - the next time it was like I was wanting to sell them life insurance!

I can run up to the SF Tennis Club (I belong to an associate club in Dallas), they'll always find me a game - but it's kind of a haul up there.

Suggestions?

wmoore, one suggestion is the Courtside Club at Los Gatos, which has a matchmaker service. They have reciprocity with other clubs; maybe yours is one of them. I personally have not been to the facility but I've always heard great things about the club. It's certainly less of a haul than the SF Club.

I regularly play at Cuesta so if you ever want to hit with a 3.5 lefty all-courter, let me know. I'll be happy to play, work schedule permitting. :)

oray777
09-25-2006, 05:27 PM
You know and good clubs up here in SF area?

squints
09-25-2006, 06:15 PM
defintely courtside club. there are also some other ones here or there. there is actually a start up online service based out of San Jose I believe where you can put in your favorite courts and they'll set up matches for free. i'll post the link if i find it.

oray777
09-25-2006, 10:38 PM
wmoore, one suggestion is the Courtside Club at Los Gatos, which has a matchmaker service. They have reciprocity with other clubs; maybe yours is one of them. I personally have not been to the facility but I've always heard great things about the club. It's certainly less of a haul than the SF Club.

I regularly play at Cuesta so if you ever want to hit with a 3.5 lefty all-courter, let me know. I'll be happy to play, work schedule permitting. :)

Is that tennis club close to San Francisco? I'm a lefty too.

BethanyBeachBum
10-19-2006, 12:23 PM
To BenH2023

If you are serious about pick up matches...

My name is mark Brown and I saw the above thread that you would be willing to play tennis. I will be in a class at Mercury Corp next week, Oct 23-27th and am looking for tennis play. I am a 3.5/4.0 player. I probably can play evenings after class. Would you be interested?

Thanks for the consideration.

amarkbrown@cox.net

benh2023
10-19-2006, 08:49 PM
Hi Mark, i
is that the Mercury Corp as in the container corporation?....or some other Mercury Corp....I'm pretty open next week...although I work some pretty weird hours....Sun-wed 2pm till midnight...I can play early in the morning or I'm free next Thursday afternoon...and friday......let me know and I can send you my phone #....my e-mail address is Benh2023@comcast.net

BreakPoint
10-20-2006, 02:14 AM
Try this: http://www.oneclicktennis.com/

There's also the Decathlon Club in Santa Clara. Very nice club and they may have reciprocity with your club.