PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite vibe damp.

The J Factor
07-28-2004, 02:12 PM
Whats your favorite?

GrahamIsSuper
07-28-2004, 02:48 PM
What does it matter? Honestly, Agassi uses a rubber band. Granted it feels a tiny bit different, but the average club player won't notice a thing in playability.

Kirko
07-28-2004, 04:08 PM
Cable grommet from HW . I recently found a Techn-Vibr . It was promoted by Michael Pernfors & Paul Harhuis used it . I thnik Tyger rackets sells it now . Very pliant . I might give that a whirl.

Veritas
07-28-2004, 06:28 PM
The one that came free with my racket works just fine. I think people just buy different ones for their looks.

spres
07-29-2004, 05:04 AM
Tecnifibre dampener is the best dampener out there the perfect amount of dampening

drakulie
07-29-2004, 10:05 AM
Rubber Band!

ffrpg
07-29-2004, 02:38 PM
I'd have to agree, a rubberband is the way to go :D

Young Pete
07-29-2004, 09:39 PM
there are two dampeners i love

1. the prince dampener that looked like a little tablet
2. winn absorb mor cable grommet pete sampras dampener style

these two dampeners have the right amount of rubber material.....they performed beautifully with a player's racquet.

unfortunately they dont make em anymore

unless there is someone out there who knows where to get them...

Swan Song
07-29-2004, 09:58 PM
Young Pete, the Tecnifibre VibraClip, which is available at TW, might be a good alternative for the Prince tablet dampener.

comeon787
07-31-2004, 09:06 AM
well i started out using the wilson pro something but then it would always pop out you know

so i use the rubberband, it stays on and its just a better dampneing (sp)

speedofpain88
07-31-2004, 10:48 PM
I used the Sampras "O's" for a while a couple years ago. They have very little effect as dictated by physics. A 2 gram dampener on a 300+ gram tennis racket hitting a 60gram ball.

TennsDog
08-03-2004, 06:43 AM
I have used the "O" dampeners for years, but recently I quesitoned just why I use them and if they really were any different. Then, I got one more racket than dampeners and I had to use a Wilson "W" dampener I found on the ground and was surprised to notice an obvious difference. The "O" got rid of a lot more vibrations, quited the stringbed more, and produced a more solid feel. Now I know why I have stuck with it for so long. I have also tried the rubber band thing which was a waste of my time as it got rid of next-to-no vibrations, not to mention I can't stand having the ends of it dangling around my stringbed.

gokou703
08-05-2004, 12:44 AM
i like the wilson "lightning bolt'" dampeners...hard to find though...

Shane Reynolds
08-05-2004, 02:58 PM
Rubber bands just look silly. I'm sure hanging a dead bird from the strings might dampen them, too. Maybe a pen or paper clip. Anyway, my favorite is the VibraStop from Fischer. It's nothing fancy but it buttons to the strings so it can't fly off. Of the ones more easy to find, the new Prince dampeners are okay. The Wilson ones don't fit on their racquets unless you like the bow-legged mains look.

Eug
08-05-2004, 08:26 PM
I have the greatest dampener in the world. Its an old school (about 16 years old) sponge dampener. I forgot who made it ....donnay? anyway, Ive used it for 16 years (I'm 22 now). I could post a pic if anyone wants to see how it looks. Its super light, and stops the annoying sounds.

gokou703
08-05-2004, 08:50 PM
I have the greatest dampener in the world. Its an old school (about 16 years old) sponge dampener. I forgot who made it ....donnay? anyway, Ive used it for 16 years (I'm 22 now). I could post a pic if anyone wants to see how it looks. Its super light, and stops the annoying sounds.

i had one of those sponge dampeners about 4 years ago when i was a freshman in highschool. it fell off my racket though and is forever lost............haha

Eug
08-05-2004, 09:10 PM
I feel for you gokou, I wouldnt know what to do if I lost my 2 sponge dampeners. My first ever tennis coach gave them to me and I kept them ever since. Mine never fall off the racquet. The sponge is very light and is squeezed evenly between the strings.

nazer13
08-06-2004, 10:51 AM
i like the prince P and the gamma shock buster