PDA

View Full Version : pace or topspin?

andyroddick's mojo
09-04-2006, 10:34 PM
How do pros hit so hard and consistent? I personally think it is NOT a 50/50 mix of pace and topspin, in fact its probably 80 percent topspin and 20 percent pace. When you're trying to put so much spin on the ball, you will naturally strike it harder, and thats how pros get so much consistency compared to club players. This also explains why they get such great angles. Also, if you ever watch pro matches from the court level, you'll notice that after the ball crosses the net, the ball immediately starts to drop, indicating heavy spin. Now, this isn't nadal kind of spin, but I still believe that pros put way more spin then maybe a 4.0 player. Does anyone agree with me? Should we all try and just work on putting a little more spin? If you could have one thing would it be all pace, or all spin?

Spindarella
09-04-2006, 10:48 PM
In general the Pro's hit with more pace and due to their swingpaths get natural topspin rather than forcing it.

ta11geese3
09-04-2006, 10:54 PM
Heavier spin is also generated from swingspeed. I don't know about the rest of us, but I sure can't swing that fast with any sort of consistency.

thines
09-05-2006, 12:00 AM
a natural principle where if we hit it with more pace tendency is it would naturally go long so we should add some or more spin to keep it in the court.