PDA

View Full Version : Me hitting a few warmup serves.

tpduke112
09-05-2006, 08:07 PM
Hey all. This is a 30 sec. video of me hitting some warmup serves. My hitting partner was kinda irritated. Any feedback is cool. Im going to try to get some vids of my full serve and some groundstrokes. Thanks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXaAs1NSbQM

First one was 2 feet long. Other three were in and flat.

VolklVenom
09-05-2006, 08:23 PM
cons: 1. not side on enough, so you can generate more trunk-twist.
2. seems a little lazy in approach. lacks any head speed.

pros: 1. technique is sound.
2. ability to irritate opponent

tpduke112
09-05-2006, 08:28 PM
cons: 1. not side on enough, so you can generate more trunk-twist.
2. seems a little lazy in approach. lacks any head speed.

pros: 1. technique is sound.
2. ability to irritate opponent
Good stuff man!

So I should twist a bit more...I can do that.

The head speed and lazy look are probably from the fact that those were just warmups. I was hitting them at about 60 percent, if that. Ill def try to get some vids of me hitting them full speed soon.

tennisfanatic
09-05-2006, 08:33 PM
give us your full serve so that we can analyze accurately your serve... but your warm up serves look good (i mean the form)..

ps. your partner said: "we're wasting our time." LOL

AJK1
09-05-2006, 10:53 PM
All looks good to me, but i would try and separate your feet a little more, put the rear one back a bit. So instead of pushing up, you will push forward.

skuludo
09-05-2006, 11:56 PM
The partner's first word is barely audible. He is just being lazy and didn't bother to say the word properly. Turning up the volume makes no difference as he did not produce the sound frequency to acheive a word of "You're" or "We're".

"er wasting our time."

Nevermind. I turned the volume near max and I can hear "You're wasting our time".
(I raised Window's volume)

Using headphones without volume control. (Zalman 5.1 headphones)
Also there was no static noise in windows resulting in no noise interference.

tpduke112
09-06-2006, 11:00 AM
All looks good to me, but i would try and separate your feet a little more, put the rear one back a bit. So instead of pushing up, you will push forward.
Noted.

My partner said "You're wasting our time"